Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Versions Gimp on one computer
Just about to shut down for the night Wink Other side of the Atlantic from you.

Tried in a basic Win10 64 bit VM with just the gmic-qt Works and looks like this
http://i.imgur.com/TxWyBdI.jpg

Checking the installed files looks like http://i.imgur.com/SlcqFLJ.jpg

That file libglib-2.0-0.dll should be 1,124,259 B

That sort of error comes about when there is more than one version of a file in the path. So do a search and see if any more exist.

Otherwise, how effective were you at cleaning out all previous versions of g'mic? Maybe the file was left over from a previous install.

Could you rename your plug-ins folder to say C:\Users\patpo\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins-bak
Make a new plug-ns folder C:\Users\patpo\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins
Install gmic-qt into that and see if that works.
Thank you Rich, I will try that and let you know tomorrow if it works. Thanks again for your help.
Rich, I finally have both versions working! It was tricky. Had to do over many times and do a Restore to a previous time as something was in error that would not let things work. Some things I do not understand. When I made my original plug ins folder the bak, and made a new plug in folder, I could install QT and it worked. When I tried to rename the folder. It would not. I always went to Preferences and set the path to the correct folder, but it would not work. I had to rename the original folder then to get all the other programs to work and set the path in Preferences. A few of them would not work, so had to put them in the folder with QT. Now, it looks like everything is working.

How many folders can you have for plugins? My original plugin file was very large. Can I break it down into a couple more folders or is there a limit?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate your time and effort spent to help me.
(06-29-2017, 05:42 PM)Pat625 Wrote: I had to rename the original folder then to get all the other programs to work and set the path in Preferences.  A few of them would not work, so had to put them in the folder with QT.  Now, it looks like everything is working.

How many folders can you have for plugins?  My original plugin file was very large.  Can I break it down into a couple more folders or is there a limit?

You could have several folders providing each of them is set up in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins.
The same applies to scripts, brushes, and the other resources. Set a path to the folder in the correct preferences folder.

I think Gmic-qt is probably best in the default plug-ins folder. Sometime in the future you will update it and the installer goes there by default.

Not much you can do for your old monster plug-in folder, how many do you actually use? Have a review and retire some/most of them.
I think you are right, Rich. There are many plug-ins that I use rarely. I'll separate them out into a separate folder that I can put into preferences when I want them. I have the add on manager of Ofnuts for the scripts, etc. so it is not so bad but there are still many that I never or rarely use. I had planned to weed them out before all this trouble with G'MIC started.

Thank you again for your explicit instructions on what to do. I have directed a few more people to this post who are also having a problem getting two G'MIC programs to work. You have been really helpful.