Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot pan with a drawing stylus
Hello,

I have been drawing with Gimp for several years. I've used two drawing tablets with it, and noticed the same problem with both: when hovering over the drawing area, I cannot pan or open the context menu with a stylus.

My current tablet (a Huion WH1409) has a stylus with two buttons, one of which simulates a right-click, the other a middle-click. These buttons work without any problem in web browsers, as well as in Gimp's dockable dialogs (Brush Dynamics, Tool Options, etc.).

I've noticed that when I click (with the mouse) outside the Gimp window, the stylus buttons do allow for panning and right-clicking in the drawing area, but once the window regains focus they are made unresponsive again; so the problem disappears when Gimp thinks my stylus is a mouse, however briefly.

I have spent a fair amount of time in the "Input Devices" and "Extended Input Devices" dialogs, but they have been quite cryptic and less than helpful.

Is there a setting to view, change or fix how stylus button inputs are treated by Gimp?

Thank you.
Just to give your question a bump. I cannot help sorry.