Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone help
Hello guys
I'm pretty new at gimp. I been using it for about a month.
Anyway i pressed some shortcut and now I can't see selection lines.
When I click Rectangle Select tool and I start dragging on the image I can't see any lines. When I let go of the mouse button they appear. Also when I try to re size selection those lines disappear.
This didn't happen before.

This Is what I mean. On the first image I clicked on top left side and dragged to bottom right. I can't see any lines.
[Image: one.png]
On the second image I let go of mouse button and selection appears.
[Image: two.png]
I tried a lot of thing, and search the internet but couldn't find solution. I reinstall the program but it didn't help.
Any ideas.
I'll start with the standard questions - Which exact version of GIMP on which operating system?
Windows 7, Gimp 2.8.20.
I used it for a week or so without this issue.
I'm puzzled. I can't see any way for you to switch off the selection rectangle.

I'm also curious what you used to do a screen capture that includes the mouse pointer.
I managed to fix it. I had to uninstall and delete all gimp folders(the .gimp** folder too). I lost all my settings but at least it works now.

For Screen capture I use FastStone Capture. In settings there is a option to show cursor.

Thanks for trying to help.
(04-10-2017, 05:18 PM)RogalDorn Wrote: I managed to fix it. I had to uninstall and delete all gimp folders(the .gimp** folder too). I lost all my settings but at least it works now.

For Screen capture I use FastStone Capture. In settings there is a option to show cursor.

Thanks for trying to help.

Renaming the gimp profile (the .gimp** folder) would have been enough, and would have let you reinstate most of your setup by copying stuff from the renamed one to the one Gimp recreated.

This said, what says "View>Show selection" or did you hit Ctrl-T by mistake?