Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIF Help
Gif help

Hello i am new to the GIF game. My question is, I created a transparent logo. I wanted to do simple animations to it. So i duplicated the transparent background logo 50 times. I added simple stuff like Supernova going from larger to smaller in each frame. When i do an animation play back i can see the previous frames still in the GIF, Like if each still shot is composited and not muted after each image is processed. Now if i create a background and use a combine script fu it works perfectly. I assume its because its hidden behind each color background that's combined. The problem is i don't want a color background. I want a transparent GIF so i can use it on my twitch overlay... Can anyone help???? Thanks for your time Below are examples of what I am talking about.

Rookie of the Day~
Did you run the optimize for gif under the filter>animation menu?

Another possiblity is maybe the frame interpolation. Be sure that you set it for show one frame at a time. Here is a sample of settings I used to create a gif in gimp.

https://imgur.com/a/NXVrC

Just remember if you are planning on uploading this logo to tumblr, there is a 3mb limit on gifs.
There are two "modes" for the frames: 1) combine where the fame is just put over whatever the image is, and replace where the current image is discarded and replaced by the frame. You can set these modes on each individual frame by adding (combine) or (replace) at the end of the frame name. You can also set this for all frames in the "Export as GIF" dialog.

It is also possible that Filters>Animations>Optimize (from GIF) does the right thing (in addition to optimizing the frames).