Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image size on hover
Sorry but I do not get this at all.

You have made some sort of launchers on your desktop and using those png's for the icon you get a blue outline. Well this is in KDE4 although PCLOS and there is a border, but that is all to do with the desktop theme I use (Air) and possible the decorations (Keramic) nothing to do with the image files.

On the other hand, if you look at the individual files as posted using Imagemagick identify -verbose they do show up somewhat differently. Resolutions for example 72 ppi and 300 ppi for size 128x129 and 128x128 plus a lot of other stuff.
I'm on Kubuntu 14.04 just like you (I assume 14.02 is a typo). When I drag an icon to the desktop it goes in a launcher, I can't put an icon directly on the desktop. So what are you doing exactly?
I have made many icons for the four virtual desktops, and only a few give a rectangle, rather than a square when selected. I am looking into this. Thank you for the effort, much appreciated. I don't think the phenomena has anything to do with gimp.

Best wishes.

(02-19-2017, 01:25 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: One obvious difference between the two is that Twitter has a black transparent background and G+ has a reddish transparent background, so try to change the background color of the twitter icon (also, which the Google one not square)?

This said a large blue rectangle around them may be just a selection mark and would have nothing to do wit the image files, especially if it is larger than 128x128 pixels.

(02-19-2017, 05:32 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Sorry but I do not get this at all.

You have made some sort of launchers on your desktop and using those png's for the icon you get a blue outline. Well this is in KDE4 although PCLOS and there is a border, but that is all to do with the desktop theme I use (Air) and possible the decorations (Keramic) nothing to do with the image files.

On the other hand, if you look at the individual files as posted using Imagemagick identify -verbose they do show up somewhat differently. Resolutions for example 72 ppi and 300 ppi for size 128x129 and 128x128 plus a lot of other stuff.

You have nothing to apologise for. You have made a real effort to help, and I appreciate it. This problem just annoys me because I don't understand it.

All the best
Please tell us once you have found out...