Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gim 2.8 Issues
I recently installed Gimp 2.8 and started having issues in Windows 10.  First, when I go to View > Toggle External Preview, I get the following error:

[DocumentSaveTempFile] - ERROR: Unable to Create Temp File:

C:\Users\kweatherford\Documents\EPSS Build 18\rpg_epss\basxe_data_display\scan\~tm9cc9.html

I also noticed that Code Cleaner no longer works, either.
Which exact version of GIMP (2.8.???)

As I don't recognise your "View > Toggle External Preview" as being a part of GIMP, can you talk us through all the steps you are taking to get that message.
I think more information needed on that command.

This is the view menu in Gimp 2.8.18 http://imgur.com/OAQj3Eg no Toggle External preview, so it must be a Win 10 function.

If you are trying to use Gimp as a file viewer, then there are better alternatives that will open faster and have more options.

If you want to open a graphics file for editing, then Gimp is the tool but did you install Gimp with the common file type associations enabled?

Code Cleaner? is this Ccleaner and in my Windows use days was known as Cr*pCleaner. Saw a report about this yesterday, apparently now fixed and you need to get and install the latest version.
(01-04-2017, 04:30 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I think more information needed on that command.

This is the view menu in Gimp 2.8.18 http://imgur.com/OAQj3Eg  no Toggle External preview, so it must be a Win 10 function.

If you are trying to use Gimp as a file viewer, then there are better alternatives that will open faster and have more options.

If you want to open a graphics file for editing, then Gimp is the tool but did you install Gimp with the common file type  associations enabled?

Code Cleaner? is this Ccleaner and in my Windows use days was known as Cr*pCleaner. Saw a report about this yesterday, apparently now fixed and you need to get and install the latest version.

Sorry guys!  Wrong program!  lol

Sorry Guys! Wrong program. I am having issues with Gimp, too, but very few.