Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing and scaling
I have a circular image with the letter m in the middle. I would like to remove the letter m, make it smaller, and paste it back into the image. The whole image is one layer.

Advce please
(02-28-2017, 06:13 PM)anon_private Wrote: I have a circular image with the letter m in the middle. I would like to remove the letter m, make it smaller, and paste it back into the image. The whole image is one layer.

Advce please

Need more information. 

Is the area around the letter a plain colour or is it on a complicated background?
Do you know the font used for the letter?

Posting the image or the relevant part of the image will get you a better answer.
(02-28-2017, 06:40 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 06:13 PM)anon_private Wrote: I have a circular image with the letter m in the middle. I would like to remove the letter m, make it smaller, and paste it back into the image. The whole image is one layer.

Advce please

Need more information. 

Is the area around the letter a plain colour or is it on a complicated background?
Do you know the font used for the letter?

Posting the image or the relevant part of the image will get you a better answer.

I have attached the image

It will be much easier to make one from scratch, remaking a circle button and pasting a new letter on it.

If you can't find the original font, it will be reasonably easy to use the Path editor to make a clean path that follow the letter outline and then scale down that path.
The Ubuntu-Bold font is close but not exact. Ofnuts suggestion of making a clean path is best but you can use a selection.

This a bit of a hack and far from perfect but does show a method which might get you started.

https://youtu.be/0594bUKVq6w 5 minutes duration
(03-01-2017, 04:47 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The Ubuntu-Bold font is close but not exact. Ofnuts suggestion of making a clean path is best but you can use a selection.

This a bit of a hack and far from perfect but does show a method which might get you started.

https://youtu.be/0594bUKVq6w  5 minutes duration

(trying the video imbed)
I did put it in as an url because it is very specific to anon_private's post, but lets keep as embedded.

It is a rough outline of one method and does need improving, probably using lighting effects
but
As ever trying to keep things short Wink