Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run Wacom script on Ubuntu startup
I'm very new to Linux, running Ubuntu 18.04, mainly for graphics applications and, having installed and mainly got working a Wacom Tablet, now need to run the terminal line:     xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 WL Pen stylus" area 1000 1000 20320 12700    each time I return to Ubuntu.  It's running in VMware and I'm constantly flipping into and out of it.

As, when I enter the command it only sticks until I flip out and then back into Ubuntu, is there a way of automatically running the terminal line each time it's necessary?

Many thanks
You need to add a script to the startup applications.

A bash script like this

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 WL Pen stylus" area 1000 1000 20320 12700

Give it a name like wacom-setings.sh and make it executable

Dead-easy in a civilised desktop environment such as KDE. The other Ubuntu's, try a search for 'startup' and you might get there. Whatever you are using, it will be there somewhere.

This a regular ubuntu with their unity DE.

[Image: B94ROMn.jpg]
Thanks Rich,

As I said I'm a real beginner with Ubuntu and don't even know what 'version' I have other than it's Ubntu 18.4 64bit.  How can I find out?

I can create the script that you describe, I've downloaded Sublime text and seem to be getting on well with it, but where to put the script?

I did a search for startup and the only entry that looked useful was a 'usr/share/doc/gnome-startup-applications' folder.  I've not risked putting it there yet, any suggestions?

Ta
Apart from an old chromebook configured for linux, I use KDE desktops so not well up on other Ubuntu versions.

Try a search and see if any thing makes sense.

example: https://websiteforstudents.com/set-apps-...-10-18-04/

Another posibility is a user start up. See if you have a folder~/.config/autostart/ If you have one of those, put the script in there and see if it starts when you log in.

You could try asking in a Ubuntu forum.

If all that fails, you can always start the script manually / make a launcher for it.
(08-05-2018, 06:20 PM)Alan Lacey Wrote: Thanks Rich,

As I said I'm a real beginner with Ubuntu and don't even know what 'version' I have other than it's Ubntu 18.4 64bit.  How can I find out?

I can create the script that you describe, I've downloaded Sublime text and seem to be getting on well with it, but where to put the script?

I did a search for startup and the only entry that looked useful was a 'usr/share/doc/gnome-startup-applications' folder.  I've not risked putting it there yet, any suggestions?

Ta

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions...ogin#32616
Thanks very much Guys, Think it's sorted now.