Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The little forum that could
Alexa ranks us at 10,964,287. GimpForums.com was around 100K, so we just have to pass a bit over 10 million other sites.

[Image: challenge_accepted_rage_face_comic_meme_...vr_324.jpg]
I'm impressed that we're on page 2 of a Google search for "gimp forum".

We need more people to come and ask for help.
Page 2, wow... especially considering that Alexa found only two links pointing here: one is my sig on Python-forum and the other is my Sourceforge projects.
7th entry for "gimp forum" on DuckDuckGo.com, and closer to the top of the 2nd page on Google. Jumped to 10,802,142th on Alexa, at this rate we are the new Facebook in three yearsSmile
Maybe a google+ account for the site could help spreading the word, with Gimpers and, you know, google Wink
Am I dreaming, or are we the 8th answer (on the first page) on Google for "gimp forum"?

And just in case it helps, I have placed references to here on the decaying carcass of GimpTalk.

Also now #8,227,062 on alexa.com.
Wow. Can't tell if it's the recent GimpChat's problem, but gimp-forum.net is now the second answer to "gimp forum" on Google.

What shows that computers still have things to learn is that the first one is still GimpTalk.
(01-19-2017, 11:00 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Wow. Can't tell if it's the recent GimpChat's problem, but gimp-forum.net is now the second answer to "gimp forum" on Google.

What shows that computers still have things to learn is that the first one is still GimpTalk.

I thought when searching for "gimp forum", gimpchat.com was 1st place at 1 point no?
it's no where to be seen now.

Mine is just trailing behind you guys. heheh

Your global rank is now #4,841,181 on alexa.com ...
moving on up.
I hope you guys don't mind me calling you GF, I have a links on top of my forum for users to quickly jump
to GC GF GS
for gimpchat.com gimp-forum.net and gimpscripts.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Pagerank must be somewhat sensitive to the ability to reach the site... Let's see how long it takes for GC to come back.
Interesting that GT is listed as second. There is almost no traffic over there.