Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Up arrow' on value slider bar?
I don't know if I'm missing something but there doesn't appear to be any logic or sure-fire means of getting the mouse cursor to switch to the little 'up arrow' icon which allows you to quickly change the values of brush size, opacity etc.

The other options are using the 'up and down' buttons on the slider, or to kind of drag it with the '|' icon, the latter of which is very fiddly and ineffective.

As you hover the mouse cursor over the value bar it will occasionally switch to the 'up arrow', but as I say there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it does this.

Am I missing something or is this normal behaviour?
Your normally get the up-arrow/fast slider when you are hovering the upper half of the slider.

Caveat: what count is the position of the "point" for the cursor, which is the tip of the arrow for the up arrow, and between the arrows for the fine slider indicator.
(02-14-2017, 09:50 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Caveat: what count is the position of the "point" for the cursor, which is the tip of the arrow for the up arrow, and between the arrows for the fine slider indicator?

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. Are you asking me a question? If so, can you be a little clearer and explain where I will find the answer.
(02-15-2017, 12:33 AM)OurJud Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 09:50 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Caveat: what count is the position of the "point" for the cursor, which is the tip of the arrow for the up arrow, and between the arrows for the fine slider indicator?

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. Are you asking me a question? If so, can you be a little clearer and explain where I will find the answer.
This was a statement Smile Fixed the typo.
Okay, so it wasn't a question but I'm still not entirely sure what it is you're telling me.

However, I shall try hovering the cursor towards the top of the slider bar as you suggest.

Thanks.
A little video on the subject. Includes the key press controls as well. 1 minute 25 seconds so do not blink.

Very sorry for the late reply, rich.

As both you and Ofnuts say, the fast slider is triggered when hovering in the upper half of the bar. It would pop up for me, seemingly randomly, but it never registered I had to hover my cursor in the top half.

Thanks very much.
just to confirm, you have to hover and click-drag