Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of Image window zoom function
The zoom function has several preset % which are nice, but I often would like a percent not listed.  Is there any way that I can make a 75%  or 80% that stays permanently.  I can add it for an image temporarily but it seems to disappear. Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Personally I doubt, because it seems Gimp is using a binary zoom factor (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8), but here you are in the right place, Ofnuts and Rich know any bit and byte of Gimp, maybe there is an easy way.
No I don't know every bit Smile

AFAIK no way to add preset zoom values. However I wonder if what you want to do couldn't be achieved with "View>Zoom>Fit image in window" or "View>Zoom>Fill window"
(03-27-2017, 01:25 AM)Pat625 Wrote: The zoom function has several preset % which are nice, but I often would like a percent not listed.  Is there any way that I can make a 75%  or 80% that stays permanently.  I can add it for an image temporarily but it seems to disappear. Huh

I am with you there, and an odd zoom value is per image as well. It would be nice if you could make one persistant.

A couple of clunky suggestions.

1. Down in the bottom of the zoom menu is Other - not very convenient.
That can be assigned a keyboard shortcut to bring up the dialogue. That steps up and down in steps of 10 from whatever the starting value.

2. There is always the navigation window which comes with a slider.

Thank you for your fast reply and suggestions which I will try. Thank you again.