Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofnut's paths envelope plug-in
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-pa...s/scripts/

Its getting a bit hard to keep track on which board i can find the relevant information Smile

Is there a documentation page ?

What does 'Accuracy' and 'Guide Path' mean ?
Documentation not written yet.
  • Accuracy is roughly how far part the successive selection masks are created. 1 is best, but if your two paths are far apart, this may take time.
  • "Guide path" is a feature inherited from path-inbetweener, you can force the intermediate selection to follow something else than a straight line.
Nice addition to the arsenal !

It would be even better if the script automatically converts and saves the selection as a path.

I made this with the script. 100% Gimp, although i was tempted.... Smile
At first i tried to overlap the words a bit, but as Gimp has no way of 'Union' the paths, i couldnt make that happen.

(11-07-2016, 01:52 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Nice addition to the arsenal !

It would be even better if the script automatically converts and saves the selection as a path.
I wondered about this. For those who don't need it it's an additional path they don't need, or an additional selection to make, and for those who need it it's just using standard Select>To path for them... when they could want the more advanced version.

(11-07-2016, 01:52 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: At first i tried to overlap the words a bit, but as Gimp has no way of 'Union' the paths, i couldnt make that happen.
I don't see what you mean?
(11-07-2016, 08:04 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I wondered about this. For those who don't need it it's an additional path they don't need, or an additional selection to make, and for those who need it it's just using standard Select>To path for them...  when they could want the more advanced version.

I get your design choice. I'd like it the other way better.

(11-07-2016, 01:52 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: At first i tried to overlap the words a bit, but as Gimp has no way of 'Union' the paths, i couldnt make that happen.

I don't see what you mean?

You cant see it because i abandoned that design Wink
But if you look at the screenshot, you can see the paths overlap, and i merged visible paths.
But they are not unified, they are just combined and the overlap has the wrong fill-rule (thats why its white and not black)

Aw, yes... You need to have two paths, make a selection with both, and then take the union of the selections.

Needless to say, I have scripts to extract strokes from paths Smile
(11-07-2016, 01:07 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Aw, yes... You need to have two paths, make a selection with both, and then take the union of the selections.

Hm, but that would produce the selection to path inaccuracies again...

Quote:Needless to say, I have scripts to extract strokes from paths Smile

What do you mean extract strokes from paths ??
What is the name of the script we are talking about ?
(11-07-2016, 08:06 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: What do you mean extract strokes from paths ??
What is the name of the script we are talking about ?

Assume for instance you want to decorate a word, but with a different decoration on each letter. For proper alignment and spacing you have to produce the whole text in one shot with the text tool. But then later in the processing it would we useful to have separate paths for each letter. You can use either decompose-strokes, that makes one path per stroke (you may have to merge some strokes back together afterwards, or delete stroke (duplicate the path, make a selection around the letters you want to delete).

Coincidentally, I'm starting a rework/repackage of some of my path edition scripts, I'm starting a thread to collect suggestions..
If i understand you correctly thats like a 'Break Apart' in Inkscape.
Shame Gimp doesnt have boolean operations for paths.
I sort of understand the current behavior.

If you want boolean operation on paths, or more accurately boolean operations on the selections obtained by the paths, then you can have them if the two paths are distinct paths.

Now, "Path To selection" is one single operation, so which one should it be, union, intersection, or the one which, applied to an '0', will give you a ring-shaped selection?