Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
render a grid layout and to each corner of grid
I am extending a board game by making a map of the real world, and I want to put dots at each corner of a grid layout as show. I only need the dots rendered, not the grid shown.

How i am doing it is i show the grid and put a dot on the water anywhere they intersect on a new layer. However 1) they are manually set so some look mis-aligned, and 2) its taking forever to manually put the dots and try to align them exact. 

Is there a way to automate this so all corners of the grid to insert a dot, and then just remove the ones manually that are over land? 

[Image: gz1LZf0.jpg]

My other question is how can i render a grid to the image? I need to add a grid to the picture, just not the one show for dots. It needs to be spaced larger for sectors whether the one shown is just to put the dots somewhat aligned.

map
http://imgur.com/a/gaNFB

Attached Files
.xcf   world-physical-map.xcf (Size: 1.45 MB / Downloads: 695)
For the dots, just use a pattern fill:

- Make an image with dimensions equal to the horizontal and vertical distance between the dots.
- Make the background layer transparent (or replace with transparent layer)
- Add a dot in it
- Select/All, copy to clipboard
- In the chart image, select the "clipboard" pattern (first one)
- Bucket-fill a new layer with the pattern

You may have to do a couple of tries to figure out where the dot should be in the first image so that it shows where you want on the chart.

For the larger grid: Filters>Render>Pattern>Grid

Attached Files
.xcfgz   world-physical-map2.xcfgz (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 237)
.xcf   dotimage.xcf (Size: 980 bytes / Downloads: 210)
nice. Thanks. 

finished end

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)