Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] GimpForums.com rebirth as Gimp-Forum.net
(10-23-2016, 04:42 PM)Yash Pal Wrote: I was on 'GIMP Forums' which seems to have shut down. There were: Ofnuts, Rich 2005, Fluffy Bunny and a few others. I used to read the threads (posted by others)  and have learnt a lot from the replies to the threads. I hope to learn a lot by following your replies to the threads.

See http://www.gimp-forum.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=8
(10-23-2016, 04:40 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I thought the question was familiar. OP posted on gimper.net, another forum which is unattended and virtually unusable.

Yes. The question was posted almost one month back.

I hope you have a copy of your tutorials, images (for illustrating the various steps in manipulation) etc which most of you posted in GIMP forums from time to time and were very useful for people like me.

I would request you, Ofnuts and others from GIMP forum to post that literature in this forum so that all the members can benefit.
Some of the tuts have found a home on https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/ (because I was in the process of moving them over there when GF went belly up).

For the rest, we don't count too much on that, we consider GF dead and a revival is rather unlikely.
Thanks. However, I do hope this forum fills the vacuum created by the 'death' of GF and build up the information available on that forum, over a period of time. I can appreciate the hard work involved in writing a good tutorial.
(10-25-2016, 04:46 AM)Yash Pal Wrote: Thanks. However, I do hope this forum fills the vacuum created by the 'death' of GF and build up the information available on that forum, over a period of time. I can appreciate the hard work involved in writing a good tutorial.

Just to take this thread thoroughly off topic Smile

I am curious what vacuum you perceive exists with the loss of GF.

Obviously I have an opinion , but I'm biased and would welcome a more objective opinion.

I happened to be on the GIMP IRC channel a few days ago, and one of the developers wondered why there was a need for another forum in addition to GimpChat. I gave my opinion but didn't get any response.
(10-26-2016, 08:15 AM)Kevin Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 04:46 AM)Yash Pal Wrote: Thanks. However, I do hope this forum fills the vacuum created by the 'death' of GF and build up the information available on that forum, over a period of time. I can appreciate the hard work involved in writing a good tutorial.

Just to take this thread thoroughly off topic :)

I am curious what vacuum you perceive exists with the loss of GF.

Obviously I have an opinion , but I'm biased and would welcome a more objective opinion.

I happened to be on the GIMP IRC channel a few days ago, and one of the developers wondered why there was a need for another forum in addition to GimpChat. I gave my opinion but didn't get any response.
To my mind, GIMP chat was (and is) a forum where advanced topics are discussed. However, for a novice, (I am an amateur and hence a novice for at least 5 years; learn - forget - learn, has been the cycle because of lack of practice) GF was a good forum to get started and accelerate. GIMP chat appears to be more oriented towards GIMP professionals and in my personal opinion, a somewhat daunting site for amateurs and novices. I think the tutorials and explanations at GF were more geared towards the novice.
Thank you - that was very informative.
(10-26-2016, 08:15 AM)Kevin Wrote: I am curious what vacuum you perceive exists with the loss of GF.

Personally i think that different forums can have different flavours.
I strongly dislike some of the etiquette on gimpchat and i have a lot of respect for ofnuts and rich.

Also i find it quite funny to say that Gimpchat is for advanced Gimpers. If that is true, where do all the "master" Gimpers go ?
90% of those so called advanced users cant make anything decent without a script.

(10-23-2016, 07:45 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: There were: Ofnuts, Rich 2005, Fluffy Bunny and a few others.

Speaking of, where is Fluffybunny ? I witnessed the talented rabbit appearing a few months back on GC and getting deleted at once.
(10-26-2016, 04:08 PM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 08:15 AM)Kevin Wrote: I am curious what vacuum you perceive exists with the loss of GF.

Personally i think that different forums can have different flavours.
I strongly dislike some of the etiquette on gimpchat and i have a lot of respect for ofnuts and rich.

Also i find it quite funny to say that Gimpchat is for advanced Gimpers. If that is true, where do all the "master" Gimpers go ?
90% of those so called advanced users cant make anything decent without a script.

(10-23-2016, 07:45 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: There were: Ofnuts, Rich 2005, Fluffy Bunny and a few others.

Speaking of, where is Fluffybunny ? I witnessed the talented rabbit appearing a few months back on GC and getting deleted at once.

Answer in PM...
(10-26-2016, 04:08 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: I strongly dislike some of the etiquette on gimpchat and i have a lot of respect for ofnuts and rich.

I have used gimp for over 10 years - probably closer to 13 and am still not "expert". In fact I would rate myself a little better than a beginner.
We are not all master gimpers at GC.

Smile