Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to recreate PS tut glitter texture
Im talking about this tutorial:
https://photoshopstar.com/text-effects/p...xt-effect/

In step 4 the actual texture is created.

a.) I can imitate the 'PS Note paper Filter' with bumpmapping.
Just using a white layer with RGB noise as the bumpmap works fine.

b.) I can also sort of imitate the 'PS Stained Glass Filter' with Gimp's Mosaic filter. Here is what it looks like in PS:

c.) But im lost at the 'PS Glowing Edges Filter'. It seems to run an edge detect and strokes the edges with the same color of the tiny squares...

....because when i go higher with the values, i get something that looks similar to 'G'MIC - Contours - Morphological Filter'

I tried all the Edge Detect filters, but i am having no luck.
There is a filter in XnView, called 'Edge Enhance'...do we have something like this in Gimp ?

Ideas ?
Not much different from your results. Again using the mosaic filter - hexagons  but on a transparent layer.
Makes a very dim image but selecting and filling selection / stroking selection improves a bit.
new-from-visible, reinforced by duplicating, multiply mode.

Nice one, rich !

Just to clarify, all the examples i posted were made with PS, not Gimp !

Good idea with the multiply, that seems like a logical thing to do, considering the texture gets so dark after the filter is applied.
Most of the basic PS filters, seem to do very simple things, almost like a Gimp script, just a bit better integrated with previews and all that.

Also good call on stroking the selection !

EDIT:

I just ran the PS Glowing Edges filter on Lenna, and i totally looks like Gimp - Edge Detect - Neon !
But if i run Neon on the Mosaic texture, i do not get the same result as in PS... Sad
Im pretty sure this is, again, a simple procedure that PS folds into a filter.....maybe a different layermode, blurring and curves or something....

EDIT 2: G'MIC -> Contours -> Difference of Gaussians with the Monochrome unticked seems to get in the direction, but still not there...