Gimp-Forum.net
Filters > Repeat and Reshow. - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: General questions (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-General-questions)
+--- Thread: Filters > Repeat and Reshow. (/Thread-Filters-Repeat-and-Reshow)

Filters > Repeat and Reshow. - trandoductin - 03-02-2017

In GIMP,
When you go to Filters > Repeat [filterA]  or Filters > Reshow [filterA]
Is this information like the procedure name of [filterA] and settings used for it stored somewhere?
If possible I'd like to access that information.
My goal is if possible to create a script that calls that procedure [filterA] with saved settings on visible layers.

This came up because Wallace asked for such a script and i looked for procedures named like 'last' and 'repeat' and nothing came up.
So I am hoping it's stored in some file. So I searched for 'last' and 'repeat' occurrences in my .gimp-2.8 folder and nothing came up and looked like what i am looking for.

RE: Filters > Repeat and Reshow. - Ofnuts - 03-02-2017

(03-02-2017, 02:57 AM)trandoductin Wrote: In GIMP,
Is this information like the procedure name of [filterA] and settings used for it stored somewhere?
My goal is if possible to create a script that calls that procedure [filterA] with saved settings on visible layers.

This came up because Wallace asked for such a script and i looked for procedures named like 'last' and 'repeat' and nothing came up.
So I am hoping it's stored in some file. So I searched for 'last' and 'repeat' occurrences in my .gimp-2.8 folder and nothing came up and looked like what i am looking for.

Yes, this is kept around, but only in memory, and I don't see anything in the code that would hint that it is externalized.

To answer you other question on GimpChat, I don't know if this is stored before/after, but Gimp keeps a list of plugin calls (if only for the "Filters>Recently used" list...) so if it is not the first in the list it would be the second.

RE: Filters > Repeat and Reshow. - trandoductin - 03-02-2017

(03-02-2017, 08:07 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 02:57 AM)trandoductin Wrote: In GIMP,

Yes, this is kept around, but only in memory, and I don't see anything in the code that would hint that it is externalized.

To answer you other question on GimpChat, I don't know if this is stored before/after, but Gimp keeps a list of plugin calls (if only for the "Filters>Recently used" list...) so if it is not the first in the list it would be the second.

only in memory so there's no way to access it from a .py script then?

RE: Filters > Repeat and Reshow. - Ofnuts - 03-03-2017

No, nay, never...