Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ellipse selection tool quit working
Gimp 2.8.20
Windows 10
All of a sudden my ellipse select doesn't work. The rectangle select and lasso select work fine.
The ellipse looks like it's selecting, but nothing gets selected
I re-installed Gimp but it didn't help.
Any ideas, anyone?
Anybody else have this happen?
(I reduced the screenshot to make it uploadable)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the tool options, the Mode is set to Subtract
How to stop that happening again? It is a matter of Gimp philosophy - to start up as you last left Gimp or to start up with a defined interface.

I go for the latter, arrange the docks to your liking, choose the tool and the tool options, the brush type and size, font etc. Anything and everything you want to see when you start up. Lock any tabs that inadvertently drag off, tool options, layers etc.

When you have Gimp looking the way you want then in Edit -> Preferences
1. In Tool Options Click Save Tool Options Now Untick Save tool options on exit
2. In Window Management Click Save Window Positions Now Untick Save window positions on exit

This demo is in the Windows Installation section but to save a trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz0zCyVFJU
(04-20-2017, 05:26 AM)Blighty Wrote: In the tool options, the Mode is set to Subtract

I see, but it's strange that the rectangle and lasso work ok with nothing selected in subtract mode.
And thank you both for your attention to my senility.
(04-20-2017, 01:12 PM)eingram25 Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 05:26 AM)Blighty Wrote: In the tool options, the Mode is set to Subtract

I see, but it's strange that the rectangle and lasso work ok with nothing selected in subtract mode.

The mode settings for each tool are independent. There is a demo here: the second video
http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-se...296#pid296

Quote:And thank you both for your attention to my senility.

Believe me, I am just behind you.