Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP + Genius 8x6 Tablet + Win 10 = ? *EDITED*
Hello fellows.
I've been trying to make my Genius MousePen 8x6 tablet work with GIMP in Windows 10 all day long today. I've searched on the web about it and couldn't get any working solution.
My curiosity: does anybody use this tablet with GIMP in Windows 10?

I can draw with it but as a mouse, ignoring pressure sensitivity.
It doesn't show up in GIMP input devices. I checked out extended input devices - not in there; I tried both with/without directx but all in vain.

I've installed the driver 5.02 (D20131030_D20130918V3) which is for Windows 8 but it installed just fine. The control panel from the system tray (lower right near the clock) works fine.
I can draw into the panel itself with sensitivity but that's about all.

Happy Easter!

EDIT:
By repeatedly installing/uninstalling the driver and messing with the registry ("SupportTabletPC" set to 0 or 1) I managed to bring the tablet up into GIMP (in extended input devices).
Now the problem is, when enabled, the pen behaves erratic: when I touch the tablet it performs quick right-clicks and middle-clicks in rapid succession - brief appearance of the popup menu and the cross-arrow moving the view.
When disabled, it behaves like a mouse and I'm back to the old problem - drawing without pressure.

Messages In This Thread
GIMP + Genius 8x6 Tablet + Win 10 = ? *EDITED* - by andreim - 04-15-2017, 06:59 PM