Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 bit support
OK, opens as 16-bit for me. My suspicion: you once played with the file-tiff plugin, so you now have the old plugin somewhere, overriding the standard one.

Locate your Gimp profile (possibly in C:\Users\{your_id}\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10 otherwise see the link above for ways to locate it) open the pluginrc file with a text editor and search for file-tiff-load. It should look like:

Code:
(plug-in-def "${gimp_plug_in_dir}\\plug-ins\\file-tiff-load.exe" 1494435050

The important part is the ${gimp_plug_in_dir} which means that the file is loaded from Gimp's own plugin directory. It it loaded from somewhere else (typically, your the  plug-ins subdirectory of your Gimp profile), then locate that file, erase/move it, and restart Gimp. You can also do the same for file-tiff-save. You don't need to edit the pluginrc file itself.
The only thing in "pluginrc" file that differs from what you typed is the following numerical value - mine is smaller. Starts from 144 instead of 149. I don't know what it's related to and whether it makes any difference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, that's a good indication... This number is the date of the executable, expressed in seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00. Your executable has a time stamp around  November 22, 2015... My timestamp is May 10, 2017, much more compatible with a recent Gimp version. Two things to do:

* Find that directory (C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins, likely) and check the file dates. In mine no file is older than May 10, 2017. My file-tiff-load.exe is 67,328 bytes.
* If there are too many older files, uninstall Gimp, erase C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ if it remains (any plugins left?) and reinstall. and check the timestamps again....
Yeah, this worked!

You were right, tis file was oldish (2015) and also had smaller size. I completely removed GIMP, deleted remaining folders and installed again. Now everything goes smooth. Thank you for sharing your wisdom!
Good Smile