Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't crop images
When I open up an image and select Crop either through Transform Tool or by Shift+C, after I select the areas I want to crop, hitting enter doesn't crop the image. I made sure "Delete cropping pixels" is selected in Crop tool options. I also tried selecting "Current layer only" just in case that would help but have had no luck. I'm using version 2.10.30 on Linux.
(11-30-2022, 05:25 PM)cgimpuser Wrote: .....snip...after I select the areas I want to crop...

Surely you mean area not areas, or does the image have multiple layers ?

Otherwise from your description, I can not see anything wrong. Are you using a graphic tablet ?

Try clicking inside the area as an alternative to hitting Enter.

This a kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.32 animation. 20 seconds https://i.imgur.com/cxGDxls.mp4

Have you tried Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options then Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values just in case something is stuck in your user profile.
(11-30-2022, 05:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 05:25 PM)cgimpuser Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have multiple areas - just one picture. I just meant when I select an area to crop and then hit enter, nothing happens. I've tried clicking inside the area but that didn't work. Also went to Preferences>Tool Options and reset saved tool options. The strange thing is it still showed the "Delete Cropped Pixels" option as checked even after the reset, but nothing seems to be working for me. Oh, and I'm not using a graphic tablet. This is on a desktop.

Surely you mean area not areas, or does the image have multiple layers ?

Otherwise from your description, I can not see anything wrong. Are you using a graphic tablet ?

Try clicking inside the area as an alternative to hitting Enter.

This a kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.32 animation. 20 seconds   https://i.imgur.com/cxGDxls.mp4

Have you tried Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options then Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values just in case something is stuck in your user profile.
Strange.

Are you using any nVidia graphics drivers, that sometimes has a strange effect when it comes to the Gimp UI.

Otherwise a more drastic reset:

Rename your Gimp user profile ~/.config/GIMP to ~/.config/GIMP-backup

Restart Gimp and it makes a new default Gimp user profile and see if crop now works
(11-30-2022, 06:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Strange.

Are you using any nVidia graphics drivers, that sometimes has a strange effect when it comes to the Gimp UI.

Otherwise a more drastic reset:

Rename your Gimp user profile ~/.config/GIMP to ~/.config/GIMP-backup

Restart Gimp and it makes a new default Gimp user profile and see if crop now works

Thanks. I'm not sure about the graphics drivers. Will need to ask IT. How do you rename your Gimp user profile?

I figured it out - it was user error. I needed to outline the area to crop - instead I was trying to drag the edges. It's all good. Thanks for the responses!