Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.10 - Transformation Dialog Box
I have been using 2.10 for a week or so, and one thing has started to bother me.

The Transformation tools work very well, don't get me wrong. But for whatever reason, it seems that we have decided to take away the New Window/Dialog Box(which had buttons, sliders, and measuring aspect of the Transformation) and leave ourselves to "guessing" the amount of Transformation a layer takes, compared to previous versions of the software.

For instance, when Rotating a layer, there would be a handy indicator in a new Window telling me how much it has Rotated (by how many degrees). I cannot find this feature in the new version. Example included as an Attachment.

Also, there is no prompt for "OKing" the Transformation anymore. Now, it seems I must select a new Tool after performing the Transformation, and it just happens automatically.

I do not like these changes... is there a way to revert them in this new version, or an option to bring back the Window/Dialog Box?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-28-2018, 04:56 AM)Cyrus Wrote: ..snip..it seems that we have decided to take away the New Window/Dialog Box(which had buttons, sliders, and measuring aspect of the Transformation) and leave ourselves to "guessing" the amount of Transformation a layer takes, compared to previous versions of the software.

For instance, when Rotating a layer, there would be a handy indicator in a new Window telling me how much it has Rotated (by how many degrees). I cannot find this feature in the new version. Example included as an Attachment.

Nope

You do not show the whole interface. Do you use, maybe, more than one monitor?

Should look like this with the values 'parked' in the corner of the Gimp Window. If it is in the way, it can be detached as shown or closed (to cancel the operation).

You could try
Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Window Management -> Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values
and
Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values

Quote:Also, there is no prompt for "OKing" the Transformation anymore. Now, it seems I must select a new Tool after performing the Transformation, and it just happens automatically.

That is correct, many of the tools require you use Enter or select a new tool to fix them. The rotate tool does have that Rotate button in the dialog you have 'lost'
Quote:Nope

You do not show the whole interface. Do you use, maybe, more than one monitor?

Should look like this with the values 'parked' in the corner of the Gimp Window. If it is in the way, it can be detached as shown or closed (to cancel the operation).

You could try
Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Window Management -> Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values
and
Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values

Quote:Also, there is no prompt for "OKing" the Transformation anymore. Now, it seems I must select a new Tool after performing the Transformation, and it just happens automatically.

That is correct, many of the tools require you use Enter or select a new tool to fix them. The rotate tool does have that Rotate button in the dialog you have 'lost'

Ahh! Forgive my ignorance. After Resetting, the dialog I was looking for appeared.

Everything is right with the world again. Thank you