Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardness/size of brushes?
Hello!
- Since upgrading, I find that every time I switch to one brush from another (i.e., default brush, circle, hardness 100, to same, hardness 25, or brush 'smoke') the new brush appears at its 'natural' size: 51px for the first two, and around 250 for the last. While in 2.8, the new brush opened at the same size that the one last in use...
- Contrairiwise, if I exit Gimp with default brush at 4px, on reopening, that particular brush is still 4px, while in 2.8 default brush opened alwys at 20px--one had to press the button 'reload default size' to put it at 51.
I suspect that I have missed some configuration option--particularly, there should be a way to switch between different hardnesses of the defualt brush without having the size changed as well.
Please, what am I missing?
Thanks!
(09-16-2018, 09:36 PM)carmen Wrote: - Contrairiwise, if I exit Gimp with default brush at 4px, on reopening, that particular brush is still 4px, while in 2.8 default brush opened alwys at 20px--one had to press the button 'reload default size' to put it at 51.

See Edit>Preferences>Input devices>Save input device settings on exit.
In Gimp 2.10 if you toggle the link in the brush tool options off, that takes it back to the Gimp 2.8 state.

(09-17-2018, 05:15 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 09:36 PM)carmen Wrote: - Contrairiwise, if I exit Gimp with default brush at 4px, on reopening, that particular brush is still 4px, while in 2.8 default brush opened alwys at 20px--one had to press the button 'reload default size' to put it at 51.

See Edit>Preferences>Input devices>Save input device settings on exit.

Thanks! It would never have entered my head, to seek for that particular preference under 'Input devices' instead of 'Tools'.

(09-17-2018, 07:08 AM)rich2005 Wrote: In Gimp 2.10 if you toggle the link in the brush tool options off, that takes it back to the Gimp 2.8 state.

Thanks! I thought the link was to the default applying when one pressed the 'reload' icon at the left of the 'chain'--not on every call on the brush at a single session.