Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with the text quality inside GIMP
Where is the Stroke the Path option ? Thanks.

Edit : Got it :thumbsup
(09-02-2021, 03:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:..anyway, now I am more than curious, which font did you use in your example? I would like to try in a very same way than you and see if I can see those...

Ubuntu (regular)

the 12 pixels Ubuntu font is okeey at 12, yes when duplicated it's darker which is normal, and looks better, I agree, nice tip.
but I did not get any problem with white text on black
the png

the xcf

.xcf   Untitled.xcf (Size: 13.33 KB / Downloads: 104)
I like GIMP as one of the best applications on the market.
It does have great features compared to other graphical applications.

You can test Arazati Negra Condensada which is available as a paid font.
(09-03-2021, 10:28 AM)toplisek Wrote: You can test Arazati Negra Condensada which is available as a paid font.

I like to give people when it's possible, free alternatives Wink
https://www.whatfontis.com/Arazati-Negra...pe.similar
(09-02-2021, 04:13 PM)PixLab Wrote: the 12 pixels Ubuntu font is okeey at 12, yes when duplicated it's darker which is normal, and looks better.

Can you inform me if you use in your source file any effects or it is pure text without effects or any settings?

It was quoted:
You will see a faintness with small text, say 16 pix and smaller black on white. Black on white can be improved by duplication. White on black is a specific problem as coloured fringing occurs. That is improved by Text-to-path then filling the path with white. For very small text, say 8 pix then use a pixel font which has no anti-aliasing.
Quote:...Can you inform me if you use in your source file any effects or it is pure text without effects or any settings?

Not sure who that is meant for, however I used nothing other than duplicating layer or text-to-path and filling the path.

I have an updated Gimp (2.10.28 and kubuntu 20.04) to see if any improvements with white-on-black text, alas not here.
-------
So a bit of Gimp history. Back in Gimp 2.4 / 2.6 days you might use the freetype plugin which rendered text directly on a new layer. Not editable other than delete and start again, but it does produce crisp text. These days, text-to-path and fill path is possibly the best solution.

Thank you for messages! I will test other examples and see if it is some corruption.

When I added a text to an image, it is added as an Layer. But how to copy this layer and the same text into image again on other position? Is it the best to double layer image move it to the right position?

https://pixabay.com/photos/arrows-arrow-...on-167536/

Need help

Attached Files Image(s)

A text layer is the same as any other layer. 

Move more than one layer by linking the layers together.
or
Put the layers in a layer group and move the (active) Layer Group

That is supposing the text layer is duplicated and 'adjusted' I really recommend Layer -> Text-to-Path and Edit -> Fill Path for decent white text.

You can of course go Text-to-Path, delete the contents of the text layer and then Fill Path. Then it is only a single path to move, a matter of user choice.

Thank you for the message!