Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help: Gimp 2.10.20 keeps automatically switching to 3D Transform tool :(
Sad 
Hi, I'm a happy Gimp user. My version of Gimp, 2.10.20, keeps automatically switching to the 3D Transform tool. in the middle of work, when I'm using another tool Sad

This is incredibly annoying and many times interrupts my workflow, especially when I'm doing a task that is detailed, takes focus, and takes time. All of a sudden, in the middle of such a task, my currently selected tool annoyingly and automatically switches to the 3D Transform tool. Then I have to undo, reselect the correct tool or worse, sometimes reselect the area I was working on and then going back to the previous tool. In other words, this is becoming a huge time sink to the point where this version of Gimp is almost unusable (which makes me sad).

Anyway, is there a setting I'm not seeing or missing? Is there a way to prevent this? Should I downgrade to an older version? Your expertise is much appreciated. Thank you.
Coincidentally, the shortcut for the 3D Transform (Shift-W) wasn't used in previous versions.

So, I would first go to Edit>Keyboard shortcuts and disable the shortcut (Search for "3D" then Backspace). If this fixes the problem, get the keyboard fixed (or, if you have a funky "Windows-optimized" mouse, see if by any chance it can emit Shift-W as a shortcut). Or it is something else that interferes with your keyboard.

PS: At work I use a HP EliteBook and Notepad++ would randomly switch to another file, until I figured out it was the "trackpoint" thing that is a bit too high and is hit by my fingers as I type. Since I'm not allowed to alter the configuration to disable the thing, I just ripped off the rubber.
(09-22-2020, 03:20 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Coincidentally, the shortcut for the 3D Transform (Shift-W) wasn't used in previous versions.

So, I would first go to Edit>Keyboard shortcuts and disable the shortcut  (Search for "3D" then Backspace). If this fixes the problem, get the keyboard fixed (or, if you have a funky "Windows-optimized" mouse, see if by any chance it can emit Shift-W as a shortcut). Or it is something else that interferes with your keyboard.

PS: At work I use a HP EliteBook and Notepad++ would randomly switch to another file, until I figured out it was the "trackpoint" thing that is a bit too high and is hit by my fingers as I type. Since I'm not allowed to alter the configuration to disable the thing, I just ripped off the rubber.

Thank you