Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not deleting my scissor path
using gimp 2.8.22
It's not allowing me to use the Invert and then clear option within my scissor path.  Also...why does it keep deleting my scissor path when I save?

My apologies for posting perhaps a noob question but I'm so frustrated right now.  I did a halfass search with keywords 'scissor path not deleting' and nothing came up. 
Everything has been working fine until last night.  I uninstalled 2.8.1 and just installed 2822. I waited 24 hours to receive confirmation email from gimper.net, not realizing the site was down, and then went to another gimp forum to only realize after signing up that that was ghosted.  I'm about to shitbricks. I've done 4 separate scissor paths that take 8 minutes each and nothing happens. Add alpha channel to the layer. Use scissor paths. Connect scissor path. Click Invert. Click delete. Deleted the entire picture leaving only white background.
1) you have to strike enter to confirm the selection once you have reconnected the last points (the points + path become "marching ants")
2) If you don't see the marching ants then check that the selection is visible (View>Show selection or Ctrl-t).
(03-22-2018, 12:49 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: 1) you have to strike enter to confirm the selection once you have reconnected the last points (the points + path become "marching ants")
2) If you don't see the marching ants then check that the selection is visible (View>Show selection or Ctrl-t).

I love you.