Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing Palette History Size
Hi there!

I've just figured out how to clear the palette history by deleting entries in the 'colorrc' file. I was wondering if there was any way to limit the amount of colors saved to something like 30 entries rather than 3K+?
I know I could clear it every now and then, but it does feel a little ham-fisted to edit the file every time.

I've been using gimp for years, and it's been a very reliable companion. Big Grin

Thank you for your time!
Not such setting as far as I know. This is not the only place where files grow indefinitely, the .settings files in filters can grow quite a lot too, but I have a script to keep them at size. Maybe should add colorrc to it.
Quote:I've just figured out how to clear the palette history by deleting entries in the 'colorrc' file.

Same as Ofnuts, never seen a setting for this. I handle it manually using a script to replace the existing colorrc file with a 'vanilla' colorrc with default RGBCMY colors. Easy enough in linux don't know about Windows.
Ah, it's alrighty! Thank you both nonetheless for letting me know that no such setting exists, and about that growing settings file!
I'm a noob with scripts, but i might try looking into those to trim those files once in a while