Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GGR from Image
Looking at your screenshot: How long is that path ? Why is it off the layer ?

As with anything new to you, try out on a single layer image, keep the path within the image, experiment with settings, until happy with use.
(10-11-2021, 06:52 AM)meetdilip Wrote: The script, tt keeps counting and counting...

Not ending at all. I almost reached 20K count

I downloaded it from the rich2005 link. It is 5.84 KB.

Ok, it crossed 20K and still running/counting. Unable to stop it unless I close the GIMP.

I am occasionally getting some errors with the GMIC plugin too

I see your G'MIC is 2.9.8 > Upgrade G'MIC to 2.9.9  Wink > https://gmic.eu
Rich is absolutely right about the path, it is specified that the path should be at least 3 or 4 pixels from the border inside the image. If you want to take ALL the gradient, I would suggest to increase the canvas size, then layer to canvas, then make your path Wink

EDIT:
I just saw (and got lucky) I have the scm version 1.2 it's noted inside
Quote:Changes
; 1.1 - Added option to sample alpha as well.
; 1.2 - Clamp on image boundaries to fix error when path is outside image

I tried and it is working even when the path is far outside of the image, maybe download mine in the previous post Wink
(10-11-2021, 07:15 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Looking at your screenshot: How long is that path ?  Why is it off the layer ?

As with anything new to you, try out on a single layer image, keep the path within the image, experiment with settings, until happy with use.

I tried that too. I am not sure how long it is, I just made sure that it meets both the ends of the image. I made sure that the path is within the image, it is a single layer image too.

But that is when the count crossed 20K and kept going.

At the moment, I will happy if the GMIC one works well, without throwing errors It was working well when I tried yesterday.

Update :

I got success this time from scriptfu option. It might be something with the image. When I chose a new one, it worked in an instant. Thanks.
(10-11-2021, 08:07 AM)meetdilip Wrote: At the moment, I will happy if the GMIC one works well, without throwing errors It was working well when I tried yesterday.

There are some filters compatibility issues with older G'MIC version like yours (2.9.8), when G'MIC auto update

It is well know with the new Krita 5 as they embed G'MIC now, and removed the possibility to auto update G'MIC filters in their appimage (they are using G'MIC 2.9.8 like you)
If it was working yesterday, may be when you opened it today > G'MIC did auto update its filters, thus you got error...
you do need to upgrade (download the latest stable) your G'MIC to at least 2.9.9 and you should not have anymore problem Wink
Thanks @PixLab. I am using GMIC provided by @rich2005 . I guess both of you had a chat about it in some other topic.

Hopefully, admin can suggest me a file that will work fine for me.

You are correct, I forgot to untick " Internet ".
@meetdilip
gmic Gradient (from line) has been around for a long time, the gimp_gmic_qt version 2.9.8 / 2.9.9 / 3.0.0 all ok.

For the linux appimage: you can always (until I pack it in) get an update here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-gmic-g...untu-18-04

For your Windows computer, of course, use http://www.gmic.eu
Thanks admin. Now even scriptfu is acting funny. 130K and still running for a small patch of image

I have updated to GMIC 2.99 and updated the filters too. Still I am getting the error.

No matter which combinations I try, no luck with either of the plugins

I was making a silly mistake. It works sometimes, but I need to restart GIMP to see the GMIC generated gradient.

I will stop here. Happy how far I got. Smile
This before I saw your last post, not wasting a good animation Smile

If you use the script-fu a second time sometimes it can hide under the Gimp window. It should show in the task bar or minimize Gimp to find it, then maximize the Gimp window to usual size.

You are using the deviantart .ai file thumbnails, 10-out-of-10 for perseverance but the whole image is only 1000x800 px

I can get gradients out of those thumbnails but you have to be careful. Try putting the path tool into 'Polygonal' mode to draw straight lines (and remember to untick when finished or it will be there to confuse you for evermore)

The default values work here and slightly less sampling as well. I can just get it into 60 seconds for imgur https://i.imgur.com/6eXc9Vz.mp4
Thanks both of you for your time and effort. :trophy
(10-11-2021, 06:52 AM)meetdilip Wrote: The script, tt keeps counting and counting...

Not ending at all. I almost reached 20K count

I downloaded it from the rich2005 link. It is 5.84 KB.

Ok, it crossed 20K and still running/counting. Unable to stop it unless I close the GIMP.

I am occasionally getting some errors with the GMIC plugin too

Yep... G'MIC bugs here too. Sometimes it works it doesn't save the created gradient (at least it doesn't show up in the gradient window, even though I'm updating that window).

But the script works perfectly.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.