Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side Panels
Somehow I messed up my screen layout.  Now I have two side panels on each side of the working area.  Before there was only one column on each side.  It still provides the same functionality but uses extra space limiting my working area.  I prefer the way it was before but can't figure out how to get the display like it  was before.

It somehow happened after installation of my new 32 in IPS monitor and using the 27 as a second monitor.  I don't see how this would change my Gimp display.  I did try to open a new view for the second monitor but so far haven't been able to get something useful.

My concern is the change in layout in Gimp losing working space.

You can drag the tabs where the yellow arrows are pointing, you can enlarge the tabs column before (on the left) by clicking on the 3 dots and dragging them to the right

Once you've made your tabs where you wanted to put them, you can lock them by clicking on that tiny arrow (select the tab you want to lock first), like that no more accident by dragging them

Then a menu opens, lock the active tab

Thanks PixLab.  Two of the four Tag columns are gone and things are back to normal.  On the right most column one of the tags moved without a problem the other was stuck.  I closed the tag and the unwanted column disappeared.

For some reason my computer won't accept the lock request.  No big deal.  It wasn't locked before either.  I can handle repositioning  the tags if they wander off.
Quote:...snip..For some reason my computer won't accept the lock request...snip...

Once you have gone round locking the desired tabs

Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Window Management then click on Save Window Positions Now and OK the dialogue.