Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-path-edits
Just added to the SourceForge collection.

Nothing earth-shattering, it is for the time being mostly a rewrite and repackaging of:
  • delete-strokes
  • reverse-strokes
  • path-splice-strokes
  • path-summary
  • decompose-strokes
First Smile

Theres a bit of a learning curve involved. Will have to dive into it later.
How would one use these files? Are they able to be used as a plugin? And i'm pretty new to plugin coding so bear with me. Smile
(02-02-2017, 09:09 PM)Durgen Wrote: How would one use these files? Are they able to be used as a plugin? And i'm pretty new to plugin coding so bear with me. Smile

If the question is "can they be used from another plugin" the answer is "sort of" but IMHO you have better steal the code you need.
Added a "Break text path apart" function. Works like "Break path apart", but keeps together strokes that have nested bounding boxes (such as the inner loop of an O which is all enclosed in the outer loop). The result is that you get one path per letter (or diacritics).
Thanks, good here Gimp 2.10.8 flatpak
Path-from-text, both Horizontal and Vertical also a path from Text-along-path, all working. Saves a bit of merging Wink
(02-05-2019, 10:47 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Thanks, good here Gimp 2.10.8 flatpak  
Path-from-text, both Horizontal and Vertical also a path from Text-along-path, all working. Saves a bit of merging Wink

Yes. Algorithm is simplistic but works even if you give a slant to the text:

Updated the script with two functions to sort strokes by position. Right now the only use case I have for this is preparing the path for an animation script I'm still working on...
Added Extract/Delete anchors function
I did see your post on reddit Wink
Nice one. Works great. The only snag I can see is selecting the control points. The path tool display vanishes as soon a select tool is chosen, so markers might be required depending on selection tool.

Quick mask is ideal for this:

...and the edit applied.

Could be part way to a Gimp simplify path tool, every other control point?