Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paste Powerpoint objects to GIMP
I want to use GIMP to create transparent PNG images.  I want to copy/paste text, boxes & arrows from MS Powerpoint into GIMP 2.8.22, then export to PNG so these can be put onto a video timeline.  I've got it to work perfectly except the objects pasted into GIMP aren't located properly.  I have a 1920 x 1080 very thin box around the objects in MS Powerpoint.  I was hoping to copy the 1920 x 1080 very thin box with the objects inside into my 1920 x 1080 GIMP file and have it all line up, but it is shifted and larger.  Any solutions ?  Thanx for the help !!!
Powerpoint doesn't really work in pixels while Gimp does. In addition you can't really tell what Powerpoint puts in the clipboard(*). Perthaps you can make both agree with the image definition ("print definition" in Image>Print size in Gimp, perhaps some setting in the print preview in PP) in which case measurement in pixels will be identical in both..

(*) typically applications put in the clipboard the same item in various formats or varying "richness", and other apps take the richest format they understand. For instance if you copy text from PP, the clipboard will have a representation with the full PowerPoint info (fonts, styles and such), a "rich text" version (some formatting still available) and a plain ASCII version (that your text editor can use). Likewise, for images, PP puts a PP version (objects with their coordinates) that Gimp doesn't understand and will ignore, and a bitmap rendering, that Gimp can use.
Good answer. I updated to the latest version of GIMP and it's the same. It's close, but PP & Gimp just don't play well together like you explained.