Gimp-Forum.net
Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: Extending the GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-Extending-the-GIMP)
+--- Thread: Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working (/Thread-Linux-Mint-resynthesizer-not-working)

Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - lperg - 01-14-2018

I'm having trouble getting the resynthesizer plug-in functions to work in a new installation (OS updated on a new computer).

The set-up is GIMP 2.8.16 on Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, using the plug-ins from the Ubuntu package gimp-plugin-registry 7.20140602ubuntu2 via synaptic. Python is 2.7.12.

There are a number of likely-looking plug-ins in ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins, all marked executable (755 permissions):
Quote:-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 6595 Apr 13 2011 plugin-heal-selection.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 3153 Apr 13 2011 plugin-heal-transparency.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 17194 Apr 13 2011 plugin-map-style.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 7684 Apr 13 2011 plugin-render-texture.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 3303 Apr 13 2011 plugin-resynth-enlarge.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 3609 Apr 15 2011 plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 3262 Apr 13 2011 plugin-resynth-sharpen.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 6011 Apr 13 2011 plugin-uncrop.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 62838 Apr 15 2011 resynthesizer
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lperg lperg 53607 Apr 15 2011 resynthesizer-gui

The Plug-in Browser does see them, and they are listed in the Filters menu, but when I try to use any of them I get an error. For instance with "Heal selection" I get:
Quote:Calling error for procedure 'gimp-procedural-db-proc-info':
Procedure 'plug-in-resynthesizer' not found
then in a second message immediately after the first one:
Quote:An error occurred running python_fu_heal_selection
error: procedure not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 736, in response
dialog.res = run_script(params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script
return apply(function, params)
File "/home/lperg/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection
pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)
error: procedure not found

As far as I can tell all other plug-ins are working properly, only resynthesizer fails.
What is the "procedure" plug-in-resynthesizer that is "not found"? Is it a file, or a function contained in a file with a different name? I have files named "resynthesizer" and "resynthesizer-gui" (above) but nothing named "plug-in-resynthesizer".

Perhaps relevant, if I try to run those files from the command line I also get errors (the same one for both):

Quote:error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Is there a fix, or a diagnostic procedure to go on from here?

Thanks,

-lperg-

RE: Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - Ofnuts - 01-14-2018

You can edit ~/.gimp-2.8/pluginrc and see of the plugins are registered (possibly ZIP it and attach here).

Run the "file" command against /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer: it should say:

Code:
ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, ....

You can start Gimp from a terminal and look for error messages.

What surprises me is that your resynthesizer build looks quite old. Mint 18.2 is base on Ubuntu 16.04, so your build should be dated around 2015...

RE: Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - lperg - 01-15-2018

(01-14-2018, 11:44 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: What surprises me is that your resynthesizer build looks quite old. Mint 18.2 is base on Ubuntu 16.04, so your build should be dated around 2015...

You've got it! I uninstalled GIMP including the plug-ins, and reinstalled everything. For some reason, the old 2011 plug-ins were not deleted from ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins so I had to deleted the manually; then I copied the freshly installed 2015 ones from /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins and all seems to be well. No error with Heal Selection.

Thanks!

-lperg-

RE: Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - Ofnuts - 01-15-2018

Plugins you put in ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins aren't seen by the package manager, these are in your user files I assume you installed them "manually" in the past?

RE: Linux/Mint resynthesizer not working - lperg - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 07:35 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Plugins you put in ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins aren't seen by the package manager, these are in your user files I assume you installed them "manually" in the past?

Presumably; I do remember that getting resynthesizer to work on the old computer took some effort. The problem then wasn't the same: instead, the plug-ins were not being found at all. It was years ago and I do not remember the sequence of moves that finally fixed it but I do remember finding on the web some recommendations that additional plug-ins should go to home rather than usr.

-lperg-