Gimp-Forum.net
Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: Extending the GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-Extending-the-GIMP)
+--- Thread: Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin (/Thread-Installation-error-Gimp-2-10-gmic-plugin)

Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin - LisaRH72 - 05-14-2018

I’llI’m Hi. 
Hoping someone can help. 
I’ve been running Gimp 2.8 with no issue & I’m now trying to install 2.10 but on loading up I get the following message

gmic_gimp_qt.exe - entry point not found

The procedure point g_file_test could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\programme files\gimp2\bin\libgmodule-2.0-0.dll

Gimp still opens but I can’t seem to install GMIC at all. 

Any help will be very much appreciated. 

Thank you
Lisa

RE: Installation error - rich2005 - 05-14-2018

There is a specific installer for gimp_gmic_qt and Windows Gimp 2.10.0

[Image: cLajlja.jpg]

I have tried this and it does work.

My advice:

Since you have already installed Gimp 2.10.0 check that it works ok. There is a fault with the latest installers. see example: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-2-10-Cannot-View-Save-Directories-Windows-7?pid=8118#pid8118

If your Gimp 2.10.0 works ok
The installer automatically uninstalled Gimp 2.8 but left the gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\yourname\.gimp-2.8

Gimp 2.10.0 then copies any resources (including your old gmic) to a new gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10

It is best to start with a clean installation
1. Rename C:\Users\yourname\.gimp-2.8 to C:\Users\yourname\.ggimp-2.8
2. Delete C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10
3. Run Gimp 2.10 to create a new default profile.
4. Install the new gmic
5. Move your old plugins / scripts / brushes ... from C:\Users\yourname\.ggimp-2.8 to C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10 checking that they work.

RE: Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin - LisaRH72 - 05-15-2018

Hi Rich,

I searched my C drive for anything Gimp related and uninstalled / deleted everything I found and started again. I've installed both GIMP 2.10 & GMIC with no problems this morning.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

RE: Installation error - jt922554 - 05-15-2018

(05-14-2018, 07:18 PM)rich2005 Wrote: There is a specific installer for gimp_gmic_qt and Windows Gimp 2.10.0

[Image: cLajlja.jpg]

I have tried this and it does work.

My advice:

Since you have already installed Gimp 2.10.0 check that it works ok. There is a fault with the latest installers. see example: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-2-10-Cannot-View-Save-Directories-Windows-7?pid=8118#pid8118

If your Gimp 2.10.0 works ok
The installer automatically uninstalled Gimp 2.8 but left the gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\yourname\.gimp-2.8

Gimp 2.10.0 then copies any resources (including your old gmic) to a new gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10

It is best to start with a clean installation
1. Rename C:\Users\yourname\.gimp-2.8 to C:\Users\yourname\.ggimp-2.8
2. Delete C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10
3. Run Gimp 2.10 to create a new default profile.
4. Install the new gmic
5. Move your old plugins / scripts / brushes ... from C:\Users\yourname\.ggimp-2.8 to C:\Users\appdata\roaming\GIMP\2.10 checking that they work.
Thanks for this Rich2005, it worked perfectly. I have spent hours trying to solve this problem with no joy whatsoever. Could have saved myself heartache coming here earlier!!

Again, many thanks

RE: Installation error - Dewadewa - 07-30-2018

None of these worked for me.

The error that keeps popping up is "The procedure entry point (various entry point names) could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\(some .exe or .dll)"

I've used GIMP for about 10 years on Linux, 3 years on Windows. I installed 2.10 on Windows yesterday. 2.10 binaries are not yet available for the Linux machine.

This problem has been ongoing (for me) for about 3 years with GIMP 2.8 and is more than 10 times worse with 2.10. Looking through Google, I find that this has been an ongoing problem for at least 9 years with Windows versions. Seems that Linux versions are OK--at least, I've never encountered these errors with Linux.

Using 2.8, the error dialog popped up 7 times--always 7 times--from the first startup. Though inconvenient, it was not a big hassle. With 2.10, that dialog pops up over 100 times when it's loading plugins. Nearly an hour is wasted sitting in front of computer clicking dialog boxes. Even if I decide to stop GIMP, I can't until it's run through all the error dialog boxes unless I go admin and end the program in Process Monitor.

I uninstalled 2.8 before installing 2.10. There were no complaints at all while installing either 2.8 or 2.10.

So. Where do I go from here, I wonder.

RE: Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin - rich2005 - 07-30-2018

I like to be constructive, but really, I do not know what you are doing.

Quote:None of these worked for me.
I've used GIMP for about 10 years on Linux, 3 years on Windows. I installed 2.10 on Windows yesterday. 2.10 binaries are not yet available for the Linux machine.

Just used the gmic_gimp_qt Windows installer in a Win10 - Gimp 2.10.4 VM - Works perfectly

[Image: JyCXZvX.jpg]

No linux version yet. Depends on the linux - This my desktop computer running PClinuxOS - Gimp 2.10.4 in the repo, just install it. Gmic_gimp_qt running.

[Image: fVKQM33.jpg]

Want more mainstream - This laptop, Kubuntu 16.04 Gimp 2.10.4 flatpak - QT not going to work but a little work and gmic_gimp_gtk

[Image: eTnuRqx.jpg]

Then of course there are linux appimages and Windows Gimp 2.10.4's that come with Gmic pre-installed, if that is your thing.

Quote:..So. Where do I go from here, I wonder.

I wonder as well, None working for you - then you need to give details.
As you guessed just a little annoyed.

RE: Installation error - Gimp 2.10 - gmic plugin - Dewadewa - 07-30-2018

As of now, doing a complete do-over, as if I've never installed on windoze before, deleting all traces of gimp, etc.

As for Linux, I'll look for a 2.10 release a bit later.

Thanks.

Not All Installers... Are... Equal... ... - Dewadewa - 08-03-2018

A complete removal, a reinstall, a complete removal and a totally different windoze installer later and I'm in business.

I did a most thorough removal of the install: The installer left behind the entire directory structure, a few other files and registry entries, so those were manually removed. Sad

Reinstalled it and encountered the same problems. Rinse and repeat! Angry

Somewhere, someone mentioned success using a different installer, Idea  so after cleaning up again, Sad  I tried a different installer on a different GIMP mirror. Dodgy

Now GIMP 2.10 works as it should. And, <<bonus>> there is also useful error output. Cool