Gimp-Forum.net
ofn-path-marquee - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: Extending the GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-Extending-the-GIMP)
+--- Thread: ofn-path-marquee (/Thread-ofn-path-marquee)

ofn-path-marquee - Ofnuts - 06-29-2019

A little script to generate animations of a moving dash pattern along a path:

[attachment=2968]

[attachment=2969]

At the usual place. Enjoy

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Krikor - 06-30-2019

I don't understand why I can not generate a transparent background result?

When I select the background fill as transparent, it generates 30 empty (default) layers.
However, with the same composition, just selecting the background like color, everything happens as expected.

[attachment=2973]

Background fill as transparent - .xcf
[attachment=2974]

Thx on advance.

P.S: I am somehow managing to generate results with transparent funds. Disregard previous doubt. thx.

RE: ofn-path-marquee - rich2005 - 06-30-2019

Pleased about that, saves a bit of a post, I suggested another try.

and

For incorporating a background and transparency you will need to go a bit further, merge the background with all layers - Ofnuts has a plugin for that and export the gif with replace-layers option.

[attachment=2975]

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Ofnuts - 06-30-2019

Loving the track Smile

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Krikor - 06-30-2019

(06-30-2019, 06:44 PM)rich2005 Wrote: For incorporating a background and transparency you will need to go a bit further, merge the background with all layers - Ofnuts has a plugin for that and export the gif with replace-layers option.
I have a few Ofnuts scripts installed, but I've also uninstalled a few of them by simply not knowing how to use them or what they were for.
I ended up insisting and manually (a lot of work and time in that) I managed to get one of the results I was trying to get.
But I only used 10 steps, more than this would contract a RST Repetitive Strain Injury  Wink

Thx Rich

[attachment=2976]

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Pat625 - 06-30-2019

I really like this one, too, Ofnuts.  Can't wait to play with it!

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Ofnuts - 07-03-2019

Uploaded a new version that includes an anti-alias setting and drops the "Current" options that aren't that usable anyway.

RE: ofn-path-marquee - teapot - 07-07-2019

Hi Ofnuts,

Thank you very much for your excellent path tools. I've just been trying marquee out.

I'd made a mistake in my path by forgetting to delete a lone anchor.  This gave me errors as follows:

GIMP Message
Calling error for procedure 'gimp-context-set-line-dash-offset': Procedure 'gimp-context-set-line-dash-offset' has been called with value '-0.500000' for argument 'dash-offset' (#1, type gdouble). This value is out of range.

Marquee animation Message
Procedure 'gimp-context-set-line-dash-offset' has been called with value '-0.500000' for argument 'dash-offset' (#1, type gdouble). This value is out of range.

Obviously a lone anchor isn't wanted when using marquee but I often end up with them when editing paths and forget to delete them.  Perhaps it may be worth the documentation mentioning to look out for this?

All was fine when I deleted the lone anchor:

[attachment=3005]

RE: ofn-path-marquee - Ofnuts - 07-07-2019

Thanks for the report, fixed and uploaded new version.

The problem was not that much the lone anchor (you can have visible strokes with a single anchor) but the null length (which is strangely reported by Gimp has being a negative length).

Behavior remains "peculiar" with strokes that are much shorter than the period, but if you don't want them you can use ofn-path-filter-strokes to remove them.