Gimp-Forum.net
Script-Fu hanging after "Batch command successfully executed" - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: Extending the GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-Extending-the-GIMP)
+--- Thread: Script-Fu hanging after "Batch command successfully executed" (/Thread-Script-Fu-hanging-after-Batch-command-successfully-executed)

Script-Fu hanging after "Batch command successfully executed" - JmurrayGa - 06-26-2020

So this is a simplified command that is having the same issue 

It runs the gimp-console executable but it does not seem to actually run any of the code inside -b argument.

This line below simply attempts to close the gimp console window but it simply hangs at "batch command executed successfully"

Any help would be appreciated!

Update Below

Code:
C:\Users\james>gimp-console-2.10.exe -idfc -b '(gimp-quit 0)' --console-messages --verbose | quit
'quit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\james>gimp-console-2.10.exe -idfc -b '(gimp-quit 0)' --console-messages --verbose
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\etc\gimp\2.0\gimprc' for configured language.
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\gimprc' for configured language.
No language property found.
INIT: gimp_load_config
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\unitrc'
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\etc\gimp\2.0\gimprc'
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\gimprc'
INIT: gimp_initialize
INIT: gimp_real_initialize
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters\default.interp'
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters\pygimp.interp'
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\environ\default.env'
Parsing 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\environ\pygimp.env'
INIT: gimp_restore
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\parasiterc'
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\colorrc'
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\templaterc'
INIT: gimp_real_restore
Parsing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-rawtherapee\file-rawtherapee.exe'
Querying plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-darktable\file-darktable.exe'
Initializing plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-rawtherapee\file-rawtherapee.exe'
Initializing plug-in: 'C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-darktable\file-darktable.exe'
Writing 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc'
Starting extension: 'extension-script-fu'
Plug-in "script-fu.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu\script-fu.exe) is installing procedure "flipHorizontal" with a full menu path "<Toolbox>/Xtns/User Scripts/Jmm/flipHorizontal" as menu label, this deprecated and will be an error in GIMP 3.0
Plug-in "script-fu.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu\script-fu.exe) is installing procedure "MakeStarWarsFigurine" with a full menu path "<Toolbox>/Xtns/User Scripts/Jmm/MakeStarWarsFigurine" as menu label, this deprecated and will be an error in GIMP 3.0
Plug-in "script-fu.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu\script-fu.exe) is installing procedure "makeTransparentBackground" with a full menu path "<Toolbox>/Xtns/User Scripts/Jmm/makeTransparentBackground" as menu label, this deprecated and will be an error in GIMP 3.0
No batch interpreter specified, using the default 'plug-in-script-fu-eval'.
batch command executed successfully

My issue was the use of single quotes around my code in -b.

I changed them to double quotes and it worked but what do I use to text qualify my function parameters? I was using double quotes but that seems to terminate the script early.

RE: Script-Fu hanging after "Batch command successfully executed" - Kevin - 06-27-2020

You have to "escape" the double-quotes that are round strings by preceeding them with a back-slash

-b "(function \"a string\")" -b "(gimp-quit 0)"

RE: Script-Fu hanging after "Batch command successfully executed" - JmurrayGa - 06-27-2020

That was it.