Gimp-Forum.net
GEGL problem - two versions? - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: General questions (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-General-questions)
+--- Thread: GEGL problem - two versions? (/Thread-GEGL-problem-two-versions)

GEGL problem - two versions? - david - 07-06-2022

When I run one of my plug-ins which uses GEGL from the terminal I get the following error messages and many more:

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpjpg-save_c'.
  gimp.main(None, None, _query, _run)
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOppixbuf_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOptiff-save_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpexr-load_cpp'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpcache_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpcast-format_c'.

I am assuming that when I updated to GIMP 2.10.32 from the PandaJim repository it has loaded a new version of GEGL.

How do I solve this problem?

I am using Ubuntu 20.04

RE: GEGL problem - two versions? - rich2005 - 07-06-2022

Quote:When I run one of my plug-ins which uses GEGL from the terminal....snip....

Can you expand on that ? Running a plugin from terminal ? Is this a Gimp batch command ? Is it say the samj gegl command line plugin ? 

Quote:I am assuming that when I updated to GIMP 2.10.32 from the PandaJim repository it has loaded a new version of GEGL.

Always dangerous to assume anything with Gimp Wink 
Yes and No. Dive into synaptic and check what you have. This is my kubuntu 20.04

[attachment=8237]

Gimp has libgegl as a dependency (1) and libgegl (2) should both come from the PandaJim PPA. Upgrading Gimp from the PPA will pull in the new libgegl. 

GEGL alone is not a dependency of Gimp and as far as I know Gimp works without GEGL (usr/bin/gegl is the gegl used in command line, nothing to do with GIMP and libgegl) 

However, if GEGL is installed (3) it should also update from the PPA "4.36-0focal2", it also has libgegl as a dependency but not really bothered as to version, just greater than 0.3.8 (4)

Quote:How do I solve this problem?

Do not know, never seen that before.

RE: GEGL problem - two versions? - david - 07-06-2022

Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

From Synaptic:
[attachment=8238]
[attachment=8239]

GEGL is not installed.

The entries appear to be the same as yours.

I tried disabling all plug-ins except one (removed the execution flag). If I use, for instance, one of the resynthesize functions - such as heal select I get the error in the terminal and it shows that it has used GEGL copy. The same when I tried Krikor colour cast reduction or one of my own plug-ins.

Any suggestions as to where to look next? Could this be the one occasion when it is worth deleting and re-installing GIMP whilst retaining the profile?

OK, I see what you are doing, running Gimp from a terminal, and worrying about those error messages. If it is any consolation I can generate those as well using resynthesize / heal selection.

Unless the plugin used does not work or crashes Gimp, my advice, ignore them.

RE: GEGL problem - two versions? - david - 07-06-2022

Many thanks Rich, I shall take your advice and ignore them!

Not a good situation but where to report those errors.

Just pulled out my old laptop, kubuntu 18.04 / Gimp 2.10.30 from the Rob Savoury PPA and resynth / heal selection does not give those errors.

Is it some changes in the latest GEGL code or is it just the Panda Jim version ? I recall looking at the Panda Jim PPA when the new Gimp 2.10.32 was compiling and there were failures before a successful result. Obviously the minimum GEGL version not an easy task.