Gimp-Forum.net
black dots - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: General questions (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-General-questions)
+--- Thread: black dots (/Thread-black-dots)

black dots - JustNo - 10-09-2017

i really need some help, so I needed to blend a image to my main background it all went well until i had use the eraser to remove the parts i didn't need (the image isn't easy for me to just crop) basically when i went to remove the parts i didn't want as soon as i erased them wee/tiny black lines like [ - - - - ] appeared on the parts i tried to remove , any idea on how i can fix it. thanks.

RE: black dots - Zero01 - 10-09-2017

HI, maybe you have a selection active, have you tried: Select> None from the menu bar?

RE: black dots - Blighty - 10-10-2017

(10-09-2017, 08:13 PM)JustNo Wrote: i really need some help, so I needed to blend a image to my main background it all went well until i had use the eraser to remove the parts i didn't need (the image isn't easy for me to just crop) basically when i went to remove the parts i didn't want as soon as i erased them wee/tiny black lines like [ - - - - ] appeared on the parts i tried to remove , any idea on how i can fix it. thanks.

There are 2 types of [ - - - - ]. Static ones, and marching ants.

Static ones are the layer boundary. Selecting a larger layer in the layers dialogue will move them to that layer.
The marching ants are a selection. Select > None will get rid of them.

Neither type of [ - - - - ] will Export or print. They are only visible within Gimp.

Something else: using layer masks is usually better than using the eraser tool for what you are doing.

RE: black dots - JustNo - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 04:37 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 08:13 PM)JustNo Wrote: i really need some help, so I needed to blend a image to my main background it all went well until i had use the eraser to remove the parts i didn't need (the image isn't easy for me to just crop) basically when i went to remove the parts i didn't want as soon as i erased them wee/tiny black lines like [ - - - - ] appeared on the parts i tried to remove , any idea on how i can fix it. thanks.

There are 2 types of [ - - - - ]. Static ones, and marching ants.

Static ones are the layer boundary. Selecting a larger layer in the layers dialogue will move them to that layer.
The marching ants are a selection. Select > None will get rid of them.

Neither type of [ - - - - ] will Export or print. They are only visible within Gimp.

Something else: using layer masks is usually better than using the eraser tool for what you are doing.

Thank you so much , I figured it out. I didn't realize that I could clean the pesky spots BEFORE layering to my background but nonetheless you've helped immensely thank you again.

(10-09-2017, 10:24 PM)Zero01 Wrote: HI, maybe you have a selection active, have you tried: Select> None from the menu bar?

Thank you, turns out I really am quite dense when it comes to gimp but I figured it out though I appreciate your answer ill definitely will keep it in mind if I get stuck which knowing me is pretty soon. cheers lad.

(10-09-2017, 10:24 PM)Zero01 Wrote: HI, maybe you have a selection active, have you tried: Select> None from the menu bar?

Thank you, turns out I really am quite dense when it comes to gimp but I figured it out though I appreciate your answer ill definitely will keep it in mind if I get stuck which knowing me is pretty soon.