Gimp-Forum.net
Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: General questions (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-General-questions)
+--- Thread: Diamond Checkerboard Pattern (/Thread-Diamond-Checkerboard-Pattern)

Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - 6shooter - 04-08-2023

Good morning everyone. I am trying to create a seamless diamond checker pattern. I want to create a PNG file for my laser engraver and apply a diamond checkerboard pattern for engraving wood. I know how to create a checkerboard pattern, I can figure out how to make the rectangles into diamond shapes and I'm not seeming much online either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - PixLab - 04-08-2023

Go to the top menu Filters > Render > Pattern > Linear Sinusoid...

Look at my main settings (in red)
[attachment=9675]

RE: Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - 6shooter - 04-08-2023

(04-08-2023, 02:34 PM)PixLab Wrote: Go to the top menu Filters > Render > Pattern > Linear Sinusoid...

Thank you!

(04-08-2023, 03:17 PM)6shooter Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 02:34 PM)PixLab Wrote: Go to the top menu Filters > Render > Pattern > Linear Sinusoid...

Thank you!

That worked really well. Last question, how do I get the white diamonds to be transparent. I've added an alpha layer and I can't seem to figure out how to make the white color transparent. 

A little background, this will be used with a laser engraver, so I want to be sure the laser is only burning the black diamond shapes to create a diamond pattern on wood.

RE: Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - PixLab - 04-08-2023

(04-08-2023, 03:17 PM)6shooter Wrote: That worked really well. Last question, how do I get the white diamonds to be transparent. I've added an alpha layer and I can't seem to figure out how to make the white color transparent. 

A little background, this will be used with a laser engraver, so I want to be sure the laser is only burning the black diamond shapes to create a diamond pattern on wood.

Go to the top menu Colors > Color to Alpha (default setting (white) is perfect)

Default setting > Background is fully transparent > no more white
[attachment=9676]

RE: Diamond Checkerboard Pattern - 6shooter - 04-08-2023

(04-08-2023, 03:53 PM)PixLab Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 03:17 PM)6shooter Wrote: That worked really well. Last question, how do I get the white diamonds to be transparent. I've added an alpha layer and I can't seem to figure out how to make the white color transparent. 

Go to the top menu Colors > Color to Alpha (default setting (white) is perfect)

Default setting > Background is fully transparent > no more white

You are all great! Thank you so much!!