Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot draw arrows or lines
Apologies for newbie question. Asking about drawling simple arrows, and lines to create arrows. Have installed arrow.scm  and 'arrow' appears on 'Tools.' Unable to create arrow.
Tried using pencil tool. I cannot make it create any lines, despite ensuring I'm on the right layers.
Any pointers appreciated.
Thanks.
(01-19-2018, 03:45 AM)Stephen_A Wrote: Tried using pencil tool. I cannot make it create any lines, despite ensuring I'm on the right layers.

Make sure you are on the right layer AND make sure the layer is visible ie no layers above that will obscure the current layer.

Two ways to use the pencil tool:
1. Click and hold left mouse down. Draw. Release mouse button when complete.
2. Click at the start of the line (just a click, don't hold down). Now hold down the Shift key and move the pointer to end of the line. Click again (while still holding down the Shift key)

Can't help with arrow.scm, I don't have it installed.
(01-19-2018, 03:45 AM)Stephen_A Wrote: Apologies for newbie question. Asking about drawling simple arrows, and lines to create arrows. Have installed arrow.scm  and 'arrow' appears on 'Tools.' Unable to create arrow.
Tried using pencil tool. I cannot make it create any lines, despite ensuring I'm on the right layers.

Is it this script http://registry.gimp.org/node/20269 
or 
The same but slightly modified with what I think are better default values. https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Arrow-...01#pid1401 

This is the authors description.
Quote:This plugin enables GIMP to draw an arbitrary arrow into an image or a new layer
Usage:
Create a path (usually <B>) with the head of the arrow (first anchor point) and the end of the tail (second anchor point). Then call the script which adds itself to the "Tools" menu

That is possibly your problem. You have to make a path first.
THank your for your rapid and helpful answers.