Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-path-edits
Thank you Ofnuts, it's working fine now  Smile
On my system the ofn-path-edits is looking for python at /usr/bin/env/python which is not there.

I had to link it to one of these:
Code:
/usr/bin/python3
/usr/lib/python3
/etc/python3
/usr/share/python3

And after that i got this and it still didn't load.
Code:
Querying plug-in: '/home/alex/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-path-edits/ofn-path-edits.py'
 File "/home/alex/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-path-edits/ofn-path-edits.py", line 50
   print format % args
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(...)?
gimp: LibGimpBase-WARNING: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
Terminating plug-in: '/home/alex/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-path-edits/ofn-path-edits.py'

I commented out lines 48,49,50 and other similar errors kept comming.

Is there something wrong with my system or is it the plugin?

Code:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Release: 22.04
Codename: jammy

gimp 2.10.30
Python 3.10.6
The default Gimp from the jammy 'buntu repo does not have the required gimp-python package. This used python 2, now deprecated python 3 is now default.

Two ways for jammy,

1. Use an appimage from https://github.com/TasMania17/Gimp-Appim...-for-Linux Make this executable, run it, it will find your Gimp installation, start Gimp and load python support. Ofnuts python plugins work as expected. I use this with kubuntu 22.04

2. Install the flatpak Gimp. Self contained comes with python 2. It is sandboxed so some issues, for example if you use a scanner, dependencies for some plugins. There are a few bespoke plugins for this version, resynthesizer, gmic ... but Ofnuts plugins work as expected.
This is Gimp 2.10 so the plugin is expected to be executed by Python V2. But Python V2 is deprecated since 2020, so many distros (including Ubuntu) have

1. removed Python from the default install (but it can still be installed)
2. removed the Python support in Gimp (package gimp-python IIRC).

#1 is easy to fix by installing the Python v2 package. #2 may require to steal some debs from an earlier distro (Ubuntu 19.10 was probably the last to have it). See here.

Other ways to have the Python support is to install a flatpak distro (link in the Downloads page on Gimp.org), with some more hints here.

And as I heard there is also an AppImage.

(*) Gimp 2.99/3.0 will have Python v3 support, but current Python support is still too incomplete for many scripts.
(01-15-2023, 08:57 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: #1 is easy to fix by installing the Python v2 package. #2 may require to steal some debs from an earlier distro (Ubuntu 19.10 was probably the last to have it). See here.

Have you tried that fix ? While I have a kubuntu 20.04 working that way, 22.04 came with many dependency issues that just resulted in un-fixable broken packages. 

If you can give advice on the best packages to use.
(01-15-2023, 09:06 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 08:57 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: #1 is easy to fix by installing the Python v2 package. #2 may require to steal some debs from an earlier distro (Ubuntu 19.10 was probably the last to have it). See here.

Have you tried that fix ? While I have a kubuntu 20.04 working that way, 22.04 came with many dependency issues that just resulted in un-fixable broken packages. 

If you can give advice on the best packages to use.

Still on 20.04...
Added a new Straighten tangents function to make sure that tangents are horizontally or vertically aligned with their anchor. SourceForge has been updated.
Added some stats in Summary, and prevented said Summary to make the image "dirty" when running.