Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10.4 and Font Tags
(04-15-2017, 09:20 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The link between a brush folder name and the Gimp Brushes Dialogue. The folder name is used as a brush tag.
Type a tag in at the top of the brushes dialogue and that will isolate the brushes in that section.

This doesnt work for me in 2.10.4.

It works for the other resources but not for fonts.....

EDIT: more info from the Gimp.org site

Quote:Fonts Tagging
Michael Natterer introduced some internal changes to make fonts taggable. The user interface is the same as for brushes, patterns, and gradients.

GIMP doesn’t yet automatically generate any tags from fonts metadata, but this is something we keep on our radar. Ideas and, better yet, patches are welcome!

rich2005 quoted from this thread:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Brushes-and-Tags
Quote:..This doesnt work for me in 2.10.4.

It works for the other resources but not for fonts.....

More stuff that does not work for you .. I hope it is not catching Wink

However it does not surprise me. I normally do not have the fonts dock up anyway, just use the tools options drop down.

If using the resources manager to move fonts in and out, do not expect the tags to remain following a Gimp restart if the tagged fonts have been moved out. Same applies to the other resources.

One for Ofnuts I suspect, linking that tags.xml file to the resources manager somehow.
It sounded like a good idea when i heard the news, the devs implemented this feature.
But are they seriously expecting me to tag all of my fonts one by one ?

(07-07-2018, 09:48 AM)rich2005 Wrote: One for Ofnuts I suspect, linking that tags.xml file to the resources manager somehow.

That would be nice.