Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entry Point Not Found
ello,
Hello,
Hello,

I am new to GIMP (v.2.10.4) and I have an issue following installation. When I start the program I receive an error message about "twain.exe - Entry Point Not Found." It refers to the procedure entry point inflate/Validate not being located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP\32\bin\libpng16-16.dll. If I click OK on the error message the program seems to load and function in a normal manner. Is this an issue that needs resolving? Thanks.
I am new to GIMP (v.2.10.4) and I have an issue following installation. When I start the program I receive an error message about "twain.exe - Entry Point Not Found." It refers to the procedure entry point inflate/Validate not being located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP\32\bin\libpng16-16.dll. If I click OK on the error message the program seems to load and function in a normal manner. Is this an issue that needs resolving? Thanks.
I am new to GIMP (v.2.10.4) and I have an issue following installation. When I start the program I receive an error message about "twain.exe - Entry Point Not Found." It refers to the procedure entry point inflate/Validate not being located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP\32\bin\libpng16-16.dll. If I click OK on the error message the program seems to load and function in a normal manner. Is this an issue that needs resolving? Thanks.Hello,

welcome to gimp-forum.net

I have never come across that before.

You are new to Gimp - no previous version installed? So a new clean installation. Is that correct?

Are you using a 32 bit Windows version?

Apart from that, it is known that there is a problem with scanning from Windows using Gimp 2.10.x

Difficult to give advice but you could try disabling the twain plugin.

In C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins rename twain.exe to maybe twain.exe.bak

screenshot example: https://i.imgur.com/e2fctwS.jpg

That might stop the annoying error message but not a real fix.
I had the same problem. Then I went to the download site and took the latest setup from January 2020, setup-3.exe. And then it worked and I had no more "entry point" error messages. You could try that.