Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flatpak folder questions
Where is this?  In preferences it claims the folder is in:
Home->.var->app->org.gimp.GIMP->config->Gimp->2.10

But I cannot open that place on my file browser.  I can as far as Home->.var->app->org.gimp.GIMP->config->Gimp
But there is no 2.10 folder.
Gimp cannot see anything that I place in there.  How in the world can I edit files like devicerc?
The 2nd "Gimp" is uppercase:

Code:
.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/devicerc
Okay, but even with it all uppercase, the location cannot be accessed, even when I navigate with my file manager.  If I try to open it in Gimp's preferences, I get this error:

I mean there is no default 2.10 folder that I have access to.

Even if I browse to that location, there is nothing in the 'GIMP' folder, and nothing I place in it is read by Gimp.

I have that empty folder in this kubuntu 16.04, I suspect that it is a hangover from the first installation. A brand new flatpak in my kubuntu 18.04 desktop has the entries.

Check and see if it made a regular ~/.config/GIMP/2.10 profile. There has to be somewhere for the gimp 'rc' configuration files even if there are no folders.

[Image: ugbviE3.jpg]

If you have that you might still have to add to the Gimp folders paths.

Might look like this.

[Image: JdLJ1bg.jpg]

Add the paths (1 ) and recommend one step further, make your own folders ( 2 ) in some convenient location.

[Image: C0g3CVZ.jpg]
Start the python-fu console, and enter print gimp.directory. What is the answer?
Yes, I have been able to create paths for things like palettes, gradients, brushes, etc. The problem is that I cannot edit the configuration files (like devicerc), nor can I specify a path to different ones. If I create a 2.10 folder and place configuration files in there, they are ignored.
GIMP 2.10.6 Python Console
Python 2.7.12 (default, Feb 17 2018, 16:52:07)
[GCC 6.2.0]
➤> print gimp.directory
/home/sam/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10
➤>
Amazing how setups differ.

I get this as well

GIMP 2.10.6 Python Console
Python 2.7.12 (default, Feb 17 2018, 16:52:07)
[GCC 6.2.0]
➤> print gimp.directory
/home/rich/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10
➤>
(which is empty)

but it does not stop Gimp using ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/
Ok I feel stupid about this, but Rich is correct that "it does not stop Gimp using ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/"

That does indeed work, but I was obsessed with the /home/sam/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10 directory.
I've noticed that neither G'mic nor Bimp work in the 2.10.6 Flatpak. Those are sort of critical for me.