Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flatpak folder questions
The gimp_gmic_qt version is not going to work with the flatpak. The flatpak is 'sandboxed' and does not 'see' the regular linux libraries. There is no QT support, not looking like there will be in the near future.

The flatpak library files are held in the runtime org.gnome.Platform

It is possible to get BIMP working quite easily, just needs libpcre.so.3 adding to the files

It is possible to get a gmic_gimp_gtk working, version 2.2.4 looks old considering the latest is 2.4.0 but still only from 6 months ago. However it does need many more lib files to get it working.

All (most) of the files you need are here https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=...CxYQKHuNEk There might be more since you use Mint. Run Gimp in a terminal and check for warnings.

Usual guarantee - there is none.

Started here some time ago: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ubuntu...63#pid7963 check some of those posts

but got a new user up and running see: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=...10#p231041
a screenshot there that might help except plugins go in your plug-ins folder wherever that is.
It works! Thanks! I love the flatpak because it starts much faster than the appimage.

So what does this mean about Gimp and Gmic? If Gimp stays with the Flatpak thing, then Gmic qt is not going to work? That is crazy, since I think most people that use Gmic use Gimp for it. The qt version works with Krita, so everyone that wants Gmic will need to start using Krita?
(09-08-2018, 07:25 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Amazing how setups differ.

I get this as well

GIMP 2.10.6 Python Console
Python 2.7.12 (default, Feb 17 2018, 16:52:07)
[GCC 6.2.0]
➤> print gimp.directory
/home/rich/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10
➤>
(which is empty)

but it does not stop Gimp using ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/

Strange. My flatpak uses ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10 (which is coherent with the print gimp.directory in the Python console). But I have no ~/.config/GIMP. I wonder if the flatpak version isn't coded to use ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ if it finds one. But this doesn't explain how you got one in the first place. Leftover from some experimental version?
(09-10-2018, 09:12 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Strange. My flatpak uses ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10 (which is coherent with the print gimp.directory in the Python console). But I have no ~/.config/GIMP. I wonder if the flatpak version isn't coded to use ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ if it finds one. But this doesn't explain how you got one in the first place. Leftover from some experimental version?

The only legacy files are for my old appimage ~/.config/GIMP/2.9

I can not figure it out either.

Kubuntu 16.04 Gimp 2.10.6 flatpak nothing in ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/
I can disable ~/.config/GIMP (and ~./gimp-2.8) and Gimp 2.10.6 will create a new default with all the configuration files.

but nothing in the folder paths pointing to ~/.config/GIMP/2.10

My old desktop but new Kubuntu 18.04 Gimp 2.10.6 flatpak
A straight forward ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/ and a complete user profile.
(stupid place to access, made my own set of folders Wink )

edit:
Just wondering what else: As well as disabling as above also disabled ~/.var
Kubuntu 16.04 + Gimp 2.10 now only makes a gimp profile in ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/

so the ~/.config/GIMP/2.10 profile must come from the old .var file made by the first flatpak installation.
Quote:Strange. My flatpak uses ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10 (which is coherent with the print gimp.directory in the Python console). But I have no ~/.config/GIMP.

same here (Linux Mint MATE 18.3 .. GIMP 2.10.6)