Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guides as a template
Just wondering if you can have the centre guides as a template rather than setting up manually everytime I use Gimp. I have set up 12x 12 inch template but the guides never show...
Any suggestions.
Thanks
(09-14-2018, 07:38 AM)al.da.drone Wrote: Just wondering if you can have the centre guides as a template rather than setting up manually everytime I use Gimp. I have set up 12x 12 inch template but the guides never show...
Any suggestions.
Thanks

Save an empty image with guides and the guides are there when you next open that image. But then it depends on your work flow. Start with guides template first, then import an image - you get the guides. Start with some other image, import the template - no guides.

however

There are scripts and plugins to assist. Some can save a set-up of guides. But for a quick set of center lines, the attached script has no dialogue, just makes a pair of 50% guides.

Unzip, put it in your scripts folder, find it in  Image -> Guides -> Cross Hair Guides

Attached Files
.zip   Gregs Crosshairs.scm.zip (Size: 606 bytes / Downloads: 184)
(09-14-2018, 07:38 AM)al.da.drone Wrote: Just wondering if you can have the centre guides as a template rather than setting up manually everytime I use Gimp. I have set up 12x 12 inch template but the guides never show...
Any suggestions.
Thanks

This is exactly what my ofn-preset-guides script is mean to do. Each preset is added as a menu entry so you can attach a keyboard shortcut to it. You can define relative (for instance 50% to center) and absolute (for instance -20 for 20px from right border) positions.
(09-14-2018, 08:02 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Any suggestions.
Thanks

Save an empty image with guides and the guides are there when you next open that image. But then it depends on your work flow. Start with guides template first, then import an image - you get the guides. Start with some other image, import the template - no guides.

however

There are scripts and plugins to assist. Some can save a set-up of guides. But for a quick set of center lines, the attached script has no dialogue, just makes a pair of 50% guides.

Unzip, put it in your scripts folder, find it in  Image -> Guides -> Cross Hair Guides

I have follwed what you said by putting the cross hair guides in the script folder just opened up Gimp and there is no guides...
(09-14-2018, 01:13 PM)al.da.drone Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 08:02 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Any suggestions.
Thanks

however

I have follwed what you said by putting the cross hair guides in the script folder just opened up Gimp and there is no guides...

You have to call the script... (you can set up a shortcut to make that even faster)
Got it thanks.