Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow Script
Hi Rich2005,

I had downloaded this script before (I don't remember exactly when or what version of Gimp I was with at the time), but it definitely should have been ok, otherwise I wouldn't have left it installed after testing it.

But when reading this post, I decided to check and remember the use of this script, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore :-(

Maybe I installed it in another previous version of Gimp, but in my version 2.10.12 Samj portable appears:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Arrow-set-size Warning
Error while executing script-fu-draw-arrow-set-size:

Error: (: 1) eval: unbound variable: NORMAL-MODE

GIMP Warning
'Arrow-set-size' plug-in left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open undo groups.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a simple remedy to make it functional again?
Thx.

P.S: Just now tested it in 2.10.18 and ok, woks nice and easy. but I really would like can use it in 2.10.12.
(03-27-2020, 02:07 PM)Asgeirjonsson Wrote: Thanks, yes I am using windows 10 and I unzip - what do you meen by "Script registers in the Tools Menu."
and I get this message? "This script needs a path with at least two points
to position the arrow head and tail (first and second points of the path are used)"?
Also, how can I put in screen shot / photo in this form like you do?

Script registers in..... - means which Gimp menu is used for the script or plug-in
This script needs a path with at least two points - means you need to create a path before starting the script.
how can I put in screen shot / photo in this form like you do?  see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=11

A little 2 minute video demo that might help you:

@Krikor, working in Gimp 2.10.18 but I will try and check it in a samj portable
@Krikor  

I can see the error in a samj 2.10.12 portable. Try the attached script. 
The old NORMAL-MODE should replace as LAYER-MODE-NORMAL but still some error in samj. 
"fixed" using the code 28 as the replacement. Not the best fix, that might change in the future, so consider this a samj 2.10.12 only fix.

Unzip, put in samj preferences -> scripts folder

Attached Files
.zip   arrow-set-size-samj.zip (Size: 7.19 KB / Downloads: 420)
@Rich2005,

I tested the script with the modifications for use with 2.10.12 that you made available in the previous post, but another message came up this time:
===========================================================
 Arrow-set-size Warning
Error while executing script-fu-draw-arrow-set-size:

Error: ( : 1) eval: unbound variable: ADD-BLACK-MASK

GIMP Warning
Plug-in 'Arrow-set-size' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open undo groups.
===========================================================

Thx!
I adjusted the file in the zip, go back and download again. The problem is, that error did not show in my copy of samj 2.10.12 Might be the language launcher but I doubt it, do not know.
(03-27-2020, 04:58 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I adjusted the file in the zip, go back and download again. The problem is, that error did not show in my copy of samj 2.10.12 Might be the language launcher but I doubt it, do not know.

It reminds me of those Russian dolls inside each other - Matrioska.
As an error message is fixed, another one appears.

Might be the language launcher " - 

I use it in English.

New situation:
=================================
Error: (: 1) eval: unbound variable: FG-BUCKET-FILL
=================================

https://ibb.co/KrRZcsw <<-----  error message
Bound to get there eventually. Same as before previous zip updated.
(03-27-2020, 07:34 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Bound to get there eventually. Same as before previous zip updated.

Limit reached! 
Mission Accomplished!  Big Grin
Too bad that with each new version of Gimp more and more scripts become incompatible, c'est la vie.

Thank you very much Rich2005, for your help and patience!
It is maybe interesting to mention an alternative plugin for creating arrows. I found it on HC : http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17084
There is a good manual in the download page. The workflow goes like this : after installing the plugin (one have to copy also the folder 'local' in the plugin folder), and activating the plugin, the plugin draws a path on the screen and a menu is popping up. One can choose out of some arrow variations and one can change some parameters (arrow thickness
, arrow point, etc....). One can change path with the path tool (lenght, direction, bending) and then click 'draw' in the arrow menu. The plugin draws the arrow. If one want more arrows, one can click on next. With the path tool you must use the path from that was first created. You can move and change this path (lenght, direction, bending or straight) to draw a new arrow, and so on. It is fully explaned in the manual. I've used the plugin that rich2005 mentioned successful for some time, but I like the plugin that I found on HC just a little better for my applications. I just want to mention this plugin.

(03-28-2020, 10:23 AM)denzjos Wrote: It is maybe interesting to mention an alternative plugin for creating arrows. I found it on HC : http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17084
There is a good manual in the download page. The workflow goes like this : after installing the plugin (one have to copy also the folder 'local' in the plugin folder), and activating the plugin, the plugin draws a path on the screen and a menu is popping up. One can choose out of some arrow variations and one can change some parameters (arrow thickness
, arrow point, etc....). One can change path with the path tool (lenght, direction, bending) and then click 'draw' in the arrow menu. The plugin draws the arrow. If one want more arrows, one can click on next. With the path tool you must use the path from that was first created. You can move and change this path (lenght, direction, bending or straight) to draw a new arrow, and so on. It is fully explaned in the manual. I've used the plugin that rich2005 mentioned successful for some time, but I like the plugin that I found on HC just a little better for my applications. I just want to mention this plugin.Hi 

Denzjos, I read about this script, I found it very complicated, but maybe in practice, it is more intuitive.

The problem is that on the downloading page everything is in German Sad , and I have no idea which file to download to use the script.
Would you be able to do the favor of providing the specific link for the script here?
Thx!