Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10, Resynthesizer, Linux
I downloaded the Resynthesizer plugin that is 'supposed' to work on Gimp 2.10 - but it doesn't? When searching the site, the directions seem to be for Mac and Windows. Can anyone tell me how to make it work for Linux? I LOVE this plugin!

Thanks in advance.
(11-04-2018, 01:36 PM)GimpFanatic Wrote: I downloaded the Resynthesizer plugin that is 'supposed' to work on Gimp 2.10 - but it doesn't? When searching the site, the directions seem to be for Mac and Windows. Can anyone tell me how to make it work for Linux? 

Maybe you downloaded the source code. Not difficult to compile. 

You should say what linux distro you are using, however the attached should work. As well as resynthesizer & resynthesizer-gui, I included the heal selection and heal transparency python plugins. These are the ones I use with my Gimp 2.10.6 and Kubuntu 16.04  

Unzip, put the 4 files in ~/.config/Gimp/2.10/plug-ins  They should already be executable but check anyway.

Add a slightly updated version 2.03. There is no difference in functionality, the resynthesizer-gui has a revised layout.
Installation is the same: Unzip, put the 4 files in ~/.config/Gimp/2.10/plug-ins  
Edit: A screw-up on my part, two sets of resynthesizer plugin in the 2.03 zip. Fixed-now

A quick demo of installing the resynthesizer plugin https://youtu.be/BruPinzToFQ 2 minutes, no audio

Attached Files
.zip   resynth-linux.zip (Size: 26.32 KB / Downloads: 8,478)
.zip   linux-resynth-2.03.zip (Size: 90.02 KB / Downloads: 2,286)
Thank you! I will have my tech give it a try ASAP.
Rich2005: worked like a charm! Thanks so much. I'm so pleased.