Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Patterns
Hi everyone

I have some problems with saving new patterns in gimp 2.10: I recently bought a new laptop and installed Gimp 2.10 - up till  that point I had always used 2.8. I like the changes, except for the fact that I can't seem to save new patterns with this version. With 2.8, I exported newly made patterns to 'users\username\gimp2.8\patterns', but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So then I read somewhere that you instead have to go to 'C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\...', but I can't find Appdata in the Users map either - and the Appdata maps I find when just searching in File Explorer don't contain any Gimp items either ... I also can't find the 'data folders' page in 'Preferences' in this version. 
Can anybody please help me with this?
Note: You probably already realized it, but I'm a complete amateur when it comes to stuff like this, so excuse me if the question is kinda dumb.  Smile

Thanks in advance!
The Gimp 2.10 user profile is (unless you are using a portable Gimp version)  as you wrote C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ 

Appdata\Roaming is a hidden folder in Windows. 
For Windows 10 see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...windows-10

In Edit -> Preferences Folders is down at the bottom of the dialogue and is collapsed. Expand it by clicking on the "+" icon

It should look like this:

and the patterns entry will confirm the location of the pattens folder. Nothing to stop you adding a new easier-to-find folder when you are there.
(12-04-2018, 02:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The Gimp 2.10 user profile is (unless you are using a portable Gimp version)  as you wrote C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ 

Appdata\Roaming is a hidden folder in Windows. 
For Windows 10 see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...windows-10

In Edit -> Preferences Folders is down at the bottom of the dialogue and is collapsed. Expand it by clicking on the "+" icon

It should look like this:

and the patterns entry will confirm the location of the pattens folder. Nothing to stop you adding a new easier-to-find folder when you are there.

Thank you very much! Kinda stupid of me, but I really couldn't find it by myself, you really helped me out with this. 
Muchas Gracias!