Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.10 UI Question
I just DLed the latest version of GIMP and installed it on a new Win10 computer. The first time I used it I was shocked to discover that it was not the old three window user interface that I've used for years. Is the only version now available the version I have installed (2.10.8), or is there an equivalent current version with the old three window interface?
Thanks!
Optiker
The same as Gimp 2.8
Bottom of the Windows menu, the toggle for Single Window Mode. Gimp 2.10 has it on by default.

All the dock are movable around same as Gimp 2.8 If you really want make it look just like Gimp 2.8
The toolbox icons are separate in Edit -> Preferences choose the coloured ones. Nasty black theme change that in Preferences as well.

No need for terminal shock.
(03-11-2019, 06:15 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The same as Gimp 2.8
Bottom of the Windows menu, the toggle for Single Window Mode. Gimp 2.10 has it on by default.

All the dock are movable around same as Gimp 2.8 If you really want make it look just like Gimp 2.8
The toolbox icons are separate in Edit -> Preferences choose the coloured ones. Nasty black theme change that in Preferences as well.

No need for terminal shock.
Excellent!

Done...so much better!

Thanks very much, especially for the prompt reply.

Optiker