Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-interleave-layers
(01-04-2020, 02:52 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: However... when you have a GIF or when the image is color-indexed, the alpha channel is "binary", either all transparent or all opaque, you lose the partial opacitty (this is about the same as a threshold on 50% on the alpha channel).

Yes, that was my unexpected result.

I set alpha transparency for single layer source.

So it was all opaque.

EDIT: And the images were s-RGB originally
Pro tip while executing Inter leave layers plugin:

Have only the xcf files open that require interleave plugin execution . Close all remaining files on current GIMP session when executing interleave layer plugin

For some reason, The plugin includes all the files open to its execution .

Will impact performance and will take longer to execute . The more files open, the longer the execution .

Close any file that is open before executing Interleave layers plugin
(02-28-2020, 01:00 PM)techie1484 Wrote: Pro tip while executing Inter leave layers plugin:

Have only the xcf files open that require interleave plugin execution . Close all remaining files on current GIMP session when executing interleave layer plugin

For some reason, The plugin includes all the files open to its execution .

Will impact performance and will take longer to execute . The more files open, the longer the execution .

Close any file that is open before executing Interleave layers plugin

Strange...

Starting with:
  • a source image (the one from which you call the script), 4 layers of red
  • a provider image (the one you specify as providing the interleaved layers), 4 layers of blue
  • an innocent bystander image, 4 layers of green
And asking to interleave the blue  image in the red image with 50% opacity, I get an image with 4 purple layers, and not a hint of green, and the green image is unmodified.

So can you describe more in detail what you are doing and what the result is?
Its more of a performance issue than functional issue .

If i have 3 files open and want to execute interleave layer plugin only on 3rd file with animation frames in title mode , The other 2 files get included in the loop of execution which causes a performance overhead .

Takes longer for the pop up window to even appear .

OMG The forum is hanging .

I jus wanna attach screenshot 2.

As seen in screenshot 2 , The other unwanted file is included in the loop.

Attached Files
.xcf   GIMP_Screenshot_1.xcf (Size: 981.4 KB / Downloads: 128)
.xcf   Gimp_screenshot_2.xcf (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 168)
Ah, that is different, the layers of the other images are not included in the created files, but are offered as a choice by the startup dialog, which is expected since you can use any layer from any open image as a title (along as it has the right size). So yes, if you have many images with many, many frames open, this will take time, and create a rather long list... I plead not guilty Smile

PS: a screenshot is better uploaded as a PNG. Somewhat smaller (692K vs 1.1M).
Would it be possible when using Ofn-Interleave-layers that the paths were preserved?

After applying the plugin all paths (many) disappear in the newly created image.

It seems that neither sg-group-linked-layers.scm nor ofn-ungroup-layers seem to work with paths.

I tried to count how many paths there are, but after counting 105 paths I stopped counting. I estimate more than 600.

No chance to copy one by one. It would be preferable to do the stacking manually and preserve the paths, since there are only 37 layers.

Is there a way to copy multiple paths at once from one image to another?
Paths and layers are different animals. 'ofn-interleave-layers' creates a new image with the results and it doesn't copy a lot of things (paths, selection, channels... ).

To solve your problem take it the other way:

1) Save the image created by 'ofn-interleave-layers'
2) Go back tot the source image with your paths
3) (possibly) remove existing layers, but keep the paths
4) File>Open as layers and point to the image saved in step2

This should give you your paths (and other stuff) and the interleaved layers.
Ofnuts,

Great solution!  Idea

Although I still have to rename all layers (delete part of the name only); removing the 'copy ' suffix that the plugin creates automatically, with this solution I can save a lot of time.

Thank you so much!