Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
color of my project is gone!
sorry to make excessive threads this is a pain! you know how in gimp you have a color selection right? you can then pick the color of your project. my project (see below) is of a dung beetle but the colour is a hue of blue that is hard to pick out. gimp usually saves your colour choice but this time it is gone! I tried to make the colors again but no luck Sad what do I do? )

thx

(see photos)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

your dung's blue's RGB value is (28,92,128)
You could use the color picker tool ColorPicker
to pick your color then if you want to save it to previously used colors you could click the right arrow next to the previous colors to push your current color on to that stack of previous colors
(05-06-2017, 05:01 PM)gimpnoob Wrote: ...gimp usually saves your colour choice but this time it is gone! I tried to make the colors again but no luck Sad what do I do?

Slowly, step by step

1. Click in the ForeGround color swatch - This brings up the FG Change Dialogue.
2. Click on the colour picker icon in the change FG dialogue
3. That gives you a colour picker, click on the image. The icon will change back to a brush, if you need to repeat go back and click on the picker icon.

4. You now have  Current and Old colours to keep the Current as the first swatch
5 . Click OK
6. Click on the FG swatch to open dialog and check that the new colour is saved.
And if you have all the colors, better stick them in a palette and make that palette active. Then the tab with a "drop" icon oin the color selector will let you pick colors from your palette.
(05-06-2017, 05:21 PM)trandoductin Wrote: your dung's blue's RGB value is (28,92,128)
to pick your color then if you want to save it to previously used colors you could click the right arrow next to the previous colors to push your current color on to that stack of previous colors
where do i enter this code? thx Big Grin
(05-07-2017, 02:28 AM)gimpnoob Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 05:21 PM)trandoductin Wrote: your dung's blue's RGB value is (28,92,128)
where do i enter this code? thx Big Grin

Ofnuts has already answered some of this while I was making some screenshots, so FWIW and in pictures

Enter the numerical values as shown in the Change FG dialog end of the R G B sliders.

That also shows the colorrc file contents, and note that these colours are 'rolling values' add one and the end colour drops off.

Default is no values, delete colorrc and you get this, if that is what you want. The new default file is created when you start & then quit Gimp